Sheepdog tip of the day

Sheepdog tip of the day

This is a discussion on Sheepdog tip of the day within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sign up for sheepdog tips of the day on facebook thought today tip was good so will past it on. A situation will come ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Sheepdog tip of the day

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Sheepdog tip of the day

I'm sign up for sheepdog tips of the day on facebook thought today tip was good so will past it on. A situation will come down to mindset as well as training with the use of your weapons.

One of your primary goals as a warrior is to train and mentally condition yourself to keep going when you have been shot. You must understand and accept that you might get wounded, and understand deeply and intensely that you will keep fighting until the threat is no longer present. You can do it and you must do it. You must control and direct the power of your adrenaline.Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Combat
    Sheepdog Tip of the Day
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I have heard people who have survived being wounded in gunfights (being interviewed) say that what kept them alive, in their minds, was the will to live (e.g., "I AM going to go home after this is over).
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I hate to sound sort of so so on this tip of the day but if you are not of that mindset, why in the heck do you have a CCWP and a firearm in the first place. Personally, before I purchased my first firearm there were several questions I asked myself. Do I really need a firearm? Are these needs reasonable? Would I follow up on these reasons if required? Would I be willing to protect myself and loved ones from imminent threat of death or great bodily injury regardless of the consequences to the aggressor? My answers were always yes, yes, yes so I went out and purchased my first firearm. The idea that, if shot, I would just "give up" or somehow begin to cry, or just do something other than continue defending myself just does not make a lot of sense to me.
    Spirit51, RayBar and JDE101 like this.

VIP Member
    Kelcarry first I applaud your attitude it is rather refreshing.

There are many however whom do not train, have no mindset for survival, carry a firearm because they can and simpy hope that the firearm mojo force field will protect them. Will they survive a lethal force encounter? Only the man upstairs can answer that question.
    SWIll, sgb, RayBar and 1 others like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the expression--"throw in the towel" has been around for a very long time and used in many circumstances.

seems the Lt Col likes it also.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Bill thanks for sharing. I just wish more CCers would take this to heart. Unfortunately to many believe the gun is what makes them all powerful...Rather than there mind....
    ANGLICO, sgb, carracer and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

SD is somewhat like voting in Chicago, but with a gun...shoot first and shoot often!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I ever get into a shooting situation my mind set is that I will win, BUT tucked into my mental bank is the possibility that I won't.
    That being said....I would never give up. I am a tough enough bird that if I get shot....by golly...the BG goes with me.
    I have never given up a struggle before...I am too old to start now. I may get scared, but my getting angry over rides that. Don't poke THIS bear.
    RayBar, Dadsnugun, JDE101 and 2 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

This is why I get friends to randomly fire their paintball guns on my mostly naked body while I engage in target practice (against moving targets, too). I mean, if you cannot hit a mobile target while being pelted with paintballs, then maybe you shouldn't be in a gunfight either. Right?
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

sgb
    Warrior mindset, has nothing to do with being a protector of sheep. My .02
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I have heard people who have survived being wounded in gunfights (being interviewed) say that what kept them alive, in their minds, was the will to live (e.g., "I AM going to go home after this is over).
    That's exactly what it is. Not only does this relate to being shot, but towards any kind of illness/injury. You often see things like this with elderly couples, when one passes away the other gives up the will to live and often passes away within a week later. Others survive injuries that should have been fatal because of the will the live. The mind has a lot more control over the body than most people would think.
    sgb likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Bill thanks for sharing. I just wish more CCers would take this to heart. Unfortunately to many believe the gun is what makes them all powerful...Rather than there mind....
    Absolutely true IMO. It is unfortunate but there are quite a few "Dirty Harry" wannabes out there who somehow think that by owning a firearm and having a CCWP is going to put hair on their chest and grow an inch or two on their yada yada.

VIP Member
    This is why I get friends to randomly fire their paintball guns on my mostly naked body while I engage in target practice

Must be a Canadian thing? And you guys thought Yeager and Pincus did things differently.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    This is why I get friends to randomly fire their paintball guns on my mostly naked body while I engage in target practice (against moving targets, too). I mean, if you cannot hit a mobile target while being pelted with paintballs, then maybe you shouldn't be in a gunfight either. Right?
    If you would of said Simunitions then I would have known you were GI joe....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    "If ya can dodge a wrench..........."
    mano3, Spirit51 and JDE101 like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links