One more Sheepdog tips of the day

This is a discussion on One more Sheepdog tips of the day within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is another tip, from my Sheepdog tips on Facebook, I think can be of use to CCer's if you place CCer in for the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill MO
  • 2 Post By RayBar

Thread: One more Sheepdog tips of the day

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Here is another tip, from my Sheepdog tips on Facebook, I think can be of use to CCer's if you place CCer in for the soldier. For me the important parts for CCer's are in bold.

Don't dehumanize those who disagree with us, or even hate us. Filling ourselves with hate is neither necessary to combat those who hate us, nor is it productive. The professional soldier is one who is cold, dispassionate and regretful in his duty when forced to kill.Those Operators, they didn't hate the Somalis anymore than they loved them. They were there to do a job that they didn’t question, not because they're mindless cogs, but because soldiers do what they're told to. They were surgically dispassionate in how they executed that job. That is what makes somebody truly dangerous to an enemy, not a berserker rage fueled by hatred I added or fear for what they did to 19 Americans. The steady trigger finger kills a lot more enemy than the one that trembles with hatred I added or fear. Take pride in the fact that we live in a country where we should treat Americans from all clans as Americans first and foremost; don't stoop to the level of hating those that hate us. Just keep giving us ammo and we'll take care of them, coldly, dispassionately and without malice.We don't execute murderers out of a need for vengeance; we do it out of a need to protect others from them. Same reason we put down rabid dogs. The hate mongers of the world should be treated the same way. And we shouldn't become rabid dogs in the process.Respectfully, Souleman From a Black Hawk Down online discussion group ...
    Sheepdog Tip of the Day
    NH_Esau likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

As human beings we all posess a full range of emotion,even the proffessional soldier. We don't let anger and fear dictate our responses,but we feel it. Your right,we don't have to hate those that disagree with us or hate us,but,when they come against us,Katie,bar the door
    NH_Esau and WHEC724 like this.

VIP Member
    Hatred is poison. It's like radioactive material that kills it's handler first. I learned a long time ago to truly let it go.

Now anger is something to be cautious and wary of, but I do believe there is such a thing as 'righteous anger'. It is a natural reaction to a violation of the natural laws of right and wrong (there are those who say right and wrong is subjective and determined by the individual - that makes me angry ). What one does with that anger is the difference between a criminal and a good person.

Sponsored Links