How often do you practice presenting your weapon? - Page 2

How often do you practice presenting your weapon?

This is a discussion on How often do you practice presenting your weapon? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jason Storm There is nothing new to learn here. But thanks for the videos anyway. Maybe new for someone else. The first ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How often do you practice presenting your weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    There is nothing new to learn here. But thanks for the videos anyway.
    Maybe new for someone else. The first video helped me.
    --Jason--

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Usually once a week ,i shoot most weeks from march to october but if i don't i still practice reloads and draws at the house,rifle and pistol.I need to get more time behind my shotgun.Plus i get range time at work.
    The easy way is always mined.

I haven't been to the range a lot during the last few years (which will change when I enjoy my second retirement in 8 more days), but I do practice presentation a lot (almost every day).
    I am looking forward to much more range time...it's a private range and it does allow for drawing/shooting from retention.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Drawing from concealment, everyday. I have a draw drill and a knife drill that work every morning. I only get to the range once a week. Before I made my training program I took some time and looked at the most likely scenarios that would require the civilian to use a pistol outside the home. The majority of the time it is one or a combination of three things; muggings, rapes and carjackings. While of course there are other reasons these were the most frequent. These three things all occur at very close range and very quickly. I built my training routine to respond to the most likely scenarios. Less likely scenarios, while practiced, are practiced less often. In my order of importance is movement (or deflection) off the BG's weapon, the draw and then the shot(s).
    Last edited by rick21; June 17th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Distinguished Member
    Good thread. I practice drawing and dryfire shots two or three times a week. When I got my M&P, the first couple of trips to the range were not so great on accuracy so I figured out exactly what to do with the trigger to get an accurate shot, I know - squeeze! the trigger, but I had to take a whole range trip and almost a hundred rounds to really learn this. For me it was really like learning to push the trigger back with my finger instead of pulling it back. But dryfire practice has made it habbit and a lot more natural feeling. And praticing my draw has made getting a proper grip on the gun habbit as well. I really want to get some training some time soon so that I can make sure my draw and presentation is correct when I practice so that I'm not practicing bad habbits.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links