Gator Farm Tactical attending Dave Maglios advanced MAG-IC

This is a discussion on Gator Farm Tactical attending Dave Maglios advanced MAG-IC within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dan Southard and Vicki Willheit of Gator Farm Tactical will attend the advanced training class of MAG-IC taaught by David Maglio. It will be held ...

Thread: Gator Farm Tactical attending Dave Maglios advanced MAG-IC

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Gator Farm Tactical attending Dave Maglios advanced MAG-IC

Dan Southard and Vicki Willheit of Gator Farm Tactical will attend the advanced training class of MAG-IC taaught by David Maglio. It will be held at the Minnisota Horse and Hunt Club. 2500 rounds to be fired from at least three handguns, Duty gun, BUG, and resolver. Gator Farm has expanded and will be be teaching courses throughout the Southwest and will be sponsoring trainers like Tom Givens, Massad Ayoob, and Gail Pepin. Hopfully several instructors who are members of this site.

2. Remove Ads

Dan what the heck is a "resolver"? My best guess is that if something is a problem this would resolve it.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

We were jokingly calling revolvers resolvers up at FAS. Jim Cirillo used the term often.

This is the highest levl of classes taught by Mas. It will enable both 2Feathers (female) and myself to teach the new MAG 20 classes for him. We will shoot 2500 rounds in 4 days from our duty handgun. I'm using my P2k in 9mm. It is the same gun that had zero malfunctions during the 1500 round Tom Givens course during the first week of June.
    I have to use three handguns so I can show that I can teach students in each catagory.
    1. Duty full size, HK P2K.
    2. BUG, I'll use Glock 26
    3 Revolver, I'll use J Frame.

2Feathers will use.
    1. Glock 17.
    2. Ruger LCP
    3. K Frame/

We finished the class and the final round count was nearer 3K rounds. Everyone fired at least 3 different handguns and most fired 4-5 differet handguns. I won't compare this class to any others I've taken as it was geared specifically to Mas Ayoob's training. The intensity level was as high as I've ever done in training, anywhere. There were no errors allowed and each person had to qualify in 7 different events including the dreaded Quad Speed. The advantage is that all students were well versed in handgun technique and the round count was done to assist with perfection, AND, firing under great stress while tired. Here is 2Feathers being fitted to one of the new Safariland vests. Hmmm, I wonder what the instructors are assisting her with.

Phil Wong being instructed by Dave Maglio during the back up gun training.

This is a picture of one of the revolver drills. The K frame in various forms was king.

Links