Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting Louisville Ky July 28-29

This is a discussion on Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting Louisville Ky July 28-29 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; July 28-29, 2012 0 TO 5 FT: PISTOL GUNFIGHTING Louisville, Kentucky Instructor: Randy Harris Price $450 This revolutionary class focuses on integrating the pistol into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting Louisville Ky July 28-29

Exclamation Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting Louisville Ky July 28-29

July 28-29, 2012
    0 TO 5 FT: PISTOL GUNFIGHTING
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Instructor: Randy Harris
    Price $450

This revolutionary class focuses on integrating the pistol into the fight at zero to five feet. This is what some trainers call "The Hole" and their entire perspective is to "Get Out Of The Hole". We don't worry about "getting out of the hole" because the reality of it is that you won't. Instead, we get comfortable in there...we set up a nice cozy camp there and learn to thrive where other men fear to walk. We make the other guy want to get out of the hole he finds himself in as we start to rip his head right off his shoulders. This will be a very thorough study on how to prevail and not get killed at this distance interval. We will do a great deal of technical work to ingrain the correct skills and then work them extensively via force on force exercises. You have never seen training and information like this before.

While I do want to make sure guys are in reasonable condition to handle this, you don't need to be a hard core athlete to do this. We will play hard. . . . but within reason for the attendees we normally have in class.

SOME TOPICS:
    Dealing against the drawn gun. What are all the options? We will look at everything from running away, to drawing and killing him, stabbing him with a knife, to disarming him and shooting him with his own gun.
    Dealing against the drawn knife. Both from "hold up" type situations to actual attacks. You will deal with them with the gun in hand (this one is really cool), and with empty hands, leading into a draw and shots as part of the fight.
    Dealing with a fight in hallways, elevators, phone booths and cars. All empty handed, and with one leading to the other.
    Dealing with more than one bad guy. How to position and maneuver to deny them the advantage, as well as how to immediately escalate and take them out. The combined use of various tools such as knife and gun, knife and light, light and gun, gun and stick. Not only the how, but the why as well.
    These and other topics will make this one of the hottest classes available to civilian operators. This course requires prior attendance at an intermediate level Suarez International Pistol class.

DURATION: 2 days
    TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM

PREREQUISITES: Students must be in reasonable physical condition and have attended a Suarez International Intermediate pistol class

AMMUNITION: Approximately 250 rounds (Minimum) and 400 (Minimum) good quality biodegradable pellets. NO STEEL PELLETS

YOU NEED TO BRING:
    Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)

REQUIREMENTS:
    Pistol, holster, at least two magazines, and the usual range safety gear (ear and eye protection). Bring an airsoft pistol with the necessary gear (pellets, facemask, etc. - all of it is available at One Source Tactical)

690 Ritchey Lane
    West Point, KY 40177
    502-819-8515
    Web: http://www.machinegunshoot.com/
    World famous Knob Creek Range!

More info and to sign up...........http://www.suarezinternationalstore....sville-ky.aspx
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a plug for Suarez courses too.

One of the most eye-opening classes you will probably ever be exposed to.

VIP Member
    I will take this class someday.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

This one is just about a week away!
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Looks like a plug for Suarez courses too.
    That would make sense since he's a Suarez instructor.
    atctimmy likes this.

My favorite class that they offer. I took this last year in Ohio, and learned a ton. If your in the area, I highly recommend this class. Randy is a great instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    That would make sense since he's a Suarez instructor.
    Yes, I saw that...

My point is is that it is a PRE-REQ, having gone to 'their' course...

Yes, I saw that...

My point is is that it is a PRE-REQ, having gone to 'their' course....
    A lot of them do that. Since there's no accrediting authority for gun courses like there is for colleges, you can't transfer credits from other places. They don't know where you've been or what type of previous training you've had so they require their own. Makes sense from both a business and safety perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    A lot of them do that. Since there's no accrediting authority for gun courses like there is for colleges, you can't transfer credits from other places. They don't know where you've been or what type of previous training you've had so they require their own. Makes sense from both a business and safety perspective.
    SI is a little more lenient than some schools on this.

You don't always have to start with the very basic class and move up from there if you are already experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg
    My point is is that it is a PRE-REQ, having gone to 'their' course...
    Trust me on this: if all you have ever did was basic square range training, you need to take Close-Range Gunfighting before jumping into something like 0-5.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Trust me on this: if all you have ever did was basic square range training, you need to take Close-Range Gunfighting before jumping into something like 0-5.

Done muchomuchomuchomucho more than 'square range training'...you have no idea.

Believe me, I don't need this course, and all I noted is that you could have a guy who is superbly well trained go to this course, only to be told "sorry, but you didn't take OUR course..." Sounds just like colleges that don't give credit for classes done already from other schools.

Cheers.

Believe me, I don't need this course, and all I noted is that you could have a guy who is superbly well trained go to this course, only to be told "sorry, but you didn't take OUR course..." Sounds just like colleges that don't give credit for classes done already from other schools.

Cheers.
    Well, if you are that super-awesome and did want to take a class, you can always email the SI instructor with your qualifications. You may be surprised.

SI is a little more lenient than some schools on this.

You don't always have to start with the very basic class and move up from there if you are already experienced....
    Oh good. That's helpful to know, thanks.

Well, if you are that super-awesome and did want to take a class, you can always email the SI instructor with your qualifications. You may be surprised.

Ah, the old maligning internet flame job...

Where did I claim I was "super awesome"? We you confusing my posting with someone else's?

Nice try.

Cheers,

S

Where did I claim I was "super awesome"?
    How about
    Believe me, I don't need this course,

Don't be so self-assured that you think you can't learn anything from this class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links