Leaving to go to Vickers carbine/pistol class.

This is a discussion on Leaving to go to Vickers carbine/pistol class. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am so worked up right now. I will be leaving in a couple hours to go to my 3 day Larry Vickers Carbine / ...

Thread: Leaving to go to Vickers carbine/pistol class.

Leaving to go to Vickers carbine/pistol class.

I am so worked up right now. I will be leaving in a couple hours to go to my 3 day Larry Vickers Carbine / Pistol class. So I won't be on here for the next 5 days. I will post back Monday PM to let you guys know how it was. Wish me luck guys, I hope I don't screw up to badly.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Good deal, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

VIP Member
    Learns lots & don't forget to have fun.

Stay safe.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I learned I need alot to work on. My draw and mag changes went well. But when the pressure was on my groups got pretty big. I also saw that my left hand carbine shooting was really bad. Well at least I know what I need to work on. I will be spending more time with my trigger pull.

VIP Member
    Even after some serious time spent working on it, I still suck pretty badly shooting a rifle "wrong" handed. I just never feel comfortable with my grip or stance... Kudos to you for taking training that spotlights your weak points.

Now, where's the detailed AAR?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I also found out that I shoot the 9mm better than the 40 S&W. So I know now that I have to practice alot more with the 40 if I am going to use it for every day carry.

That is the purpose of classes,to show a person their needs,some practice will bring you around,I also refuse to call it weak side,I refer to it as "Less Trained",as for the .40 and 9,I don't see an issue carrying the 9 if you shoot it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    I also found out that I shoot the 9mm better than the 40 S&W. So I know now that I have to practice alot more with the 40 if I am going to use it for every day carry.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    That is the purpose of classes,to show a person their needs,some practice will bring you around,I also refuse to call it weak side,I refer to it as "Less Trained",as for the .40 and 9,I don't see an issue carrying the 9 if you shoot it better.
    Good point, I think I will carry my G19 for now as I shoot it so much better. When I need to go deep conceal I will carry the G27. I also notice today that I shoot the G23 better when I put the G32 barrel in it.

Links