RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event - Page 2

RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event

This is a discussion on RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They made a DoD video very similar to that one for us. Showed guys in uniform fighting off a shooter with a staplers and a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event

They made a DoD video very similar to that one for us. Showed guys in uniform fighting off a shooter with a staplers and a three-hole punch...

Everytime they do an 'active shooter' exercise here on base, he gets at least 15 - 20 kills before it's all over. Now if we were allowed to carry on base...
    BigStick likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can put my finger on it right now. But, these videos remind me of some of the sci-fi movies I've seen. To me, they are scary as hell.

The clear take away message from both seems to be: "We're the government and we are here to help."

No thanks!!!!

-

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    This has been a public service address, brought to you by, the Brady campaign against GUN violence....
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I love the gun free zone video, it's hillarious; and sad at the same time, because some people really believe it works.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Walk softly ...

How did that go when out gunned, Cover conceal and distance.
    Get behind or under something that can protect you,get some where you are not seen and put as much distance as you can between you and the threat.
    Return fire in direction of the threat when possible. The last one maybe unwise in the normal world.
    Think that was cover in basic.
    Gun free and no Gun posting is an invitation to a room full of sheep.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I have mixed emotions about "Make the call". While it is basically good advice, I think it tends to scare the sheep into validating the need for domestic agencies like Homeland Security.

[QUOTE=Smitty901;2334306]How did that go when out gunned, Cover conceal and distance.
    Get behind or under something that can protect you,get some where you are not seen and put as much distance as you can between you and the threat.
    Return fire in direction of the threat when possible. The last one maybe unwise in the normal world.
    Think that was cover in basic.
    Gun free and no Gun posting is an invitation to a room full of sheep.[/QUOTE]

Don’t get me wrong but rule number one is survival; you can't win if you don't survive. someone said if you don't have a gun then a knife will do , if you don't have a knife a rock will do and if you don't have a rock; you will do... never give up never surrender....because the end result is the same.

I read here about an 80 yo man going out to fight the redcoats; he got shot, stabbed and left for dead BUT he never gave up because once you do that we all lose

Down at the bottom of the list may be found the following suggestion:

"As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight."

Now the shooter certainly didn't limit himself to only improvised weapons when he initiated his shooting mayhem. Why hamper oneself with the improvised weapons when he can arm himself with actual weapons, designed for fighting?

Also, why is standing and fighting the suggestion of last resort when it would seem that immediate resistance, using weapons by design and mounted early in the event, would be more disruptive to the shooter's intent?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

Evade/Escape if it can be done safely

Stand your ground and terminate the threat through speed of action and overwhelming violence if escape is not a viable option.
    This is the key concept and why we all must strive to increase the sheepdog population.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Nothing wrong with any of these videos. It at least attempts to give people options and not just be a victim.

It should go without saying that depending on circumstances the run, hide, fight options don't have to be in that order.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links