Tactical Reload - Page 2

Tactical Reload

This is a discussion on Tactical Reload within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 40Bob Ok that makes sense. The draw I use is; As soon as I clear leather, the gun is pivoted to horizontal, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tactical Reload

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Ok that makes sense. The draw I use is; As soon as I clear leather, the gun is pivoted to horizontal, this allows for quick shots from retention. The gun is then puncher forward, much the same as you describe, I just start lower.
    I feel that I acquire my sights faster this way...which does not mean your method is lacking. There are many correct ways of doing it.

AOK
    Great video. I always enjoy seeing and reading how others have been trained for a variety of ttp's.

Personally I always grab the front mag regardless if I'm doing a tac or ermegency reload. I always place the mag back in the pouch unless I retain a magazine after a double feed. If I have a double feet I put it in my back pocket.

Regarding a lull in a fight, as others have said we may not have cover available. If this is the case I was taught to do the tac load while I'm moving. For example when clearing a building, after you have "owned" the room your tac load should be completed within the flow of movement while avoiding waking into a fatal funnel. Another example, is after shooting a threat to the ground, complete the thorough scan and tac load while moving so you are not in the same place the bg last saw you before he/she went down.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Great video. I always enjoy seeing and reading how others have been trained for a variety of ttp's.

Personally I always grab the front mag regardless if I'm doing a tac or ermegency reload. I always place the mag back in the pouch unless I retain a magazine after a double feed. If I have a double feet I put it in my back pocket.

Regarding a lull in a fight, as others have said we may not have cover available. If this is the case I was taught to do the tac load while I'm moving. For example when clearing a building, after you have "owned" the room your tac load should be completed within the flow of movement while avoiding waking into a fatal funnel. Another example, is after shooting a threat to the ground, complete the thorough scan and tac load while moving so you are not in the same place the bg last saw you before he/she went down.
    As long as your movement is within the confines of the area you have cleared and determined to be in a state of lull (as far as the fight is concerned). I think we are saying the same thing.

Since the front magazine is the go to one in an emergency reload due to it's proximity and ease of access, I want it topped off. Again, there are many ways to do it...

AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixTS View Post

Since the front magazine is the go to one in an emergency reload due to it's proximity and ease of access, I want it topped off. Again, there are many ways to do it...
    Makes sense to me and something I'll have to consider changing......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links