My first IDPA match- Range Report - Page 2

My first IDPA match- Range Report

This is a discussion on My first IDPA match- Range Report within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jblitz Got any information on the camera? Looks like something I might be interested in. @Blades... Great that you got to participate ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My first IDPA match- Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Got any information on the camera? Looks like something I might be interested in.

@Blades... Great that you got to participate in that. I have watched a match but have as yet not participated. Looks to be great fun and a learning experience.
    Here it is

World's Smallest Helmet Cam

A little smaller than a pack of gum.

Attachment has been modified slightly, lens is a little lower and farther forward. Allowing for a slight left cant to make up for the offset of ther camera to the right.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Running??? The older I get the faster I run. 50 years ago 70 years old seem a long way off and I could run as fast I wanted and not get near it. NOW with it less then 1 year away It seem like I am running fast enought to catch it.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    Another wise old sage told me early on "you can't miss fast enough to win."
    You could when points down was x .3 seconds instead of .5.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    @Blades... Great that you got to participate in that. I have watched a match but have as yet not participated. Looks to be great fun and a learning experience.
    The learning experience is worth every penny and all the sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Now that you are a match shooter, dry ire means something different. Set your timer or what you think you can draw in. Then draw on a target and dry ire. The sights must be in the -0 zone when the shot breaks or it desn't count. Youmyst break the shot beore the par time sounds or it doesn't count.

Next, reloads. Cock the gun. On the start, reload it. When finished loading dry fire. The sights must bein the -0 one and you must beat the par time beep or it doesn't count.
    Next? Get Andeson's book on dryfire practice/ Invaliable. Also get Saul Kisch' book on Perfect practice.

Good luck, have a great time. I am an IDPA Master class shooter, and dry fire is 80 to 90 percent o my practice. It works!

Dan
    Thanks Dan!
    I'll look for the books, and start the dry fire regimen you suggested.
    --Jason--

Blades, the safety officers had no issues with your Remora? Was it the regular Remora, or the newer OWB style that velcro attaches to your belt?

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Blades, the safety officers had no issues with your Remora? Was it the regular Remora, or the newer OWB style that velcro attaches to your belt?
    Regular Remora, with reinforced top. Our safety officer didn't have any issues, I used it all day.
    beararms likes this.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    You could when points down was x .3 seconds instead of .5.
    Bubbiesdad, I love your avatar!!
    NRA Life Member

I've never participated in one before, but have heard many good things. How newbie friendly are they?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I've never participated in one before, but have heard many good things. How newbie friendly are they?
    Our matches are very newbie friendly. Always a new shooters meeting to explain the rules. Lots of patience with a new shooter.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    Bubbiesdad, I love your avatar!!
    I've seen that happen before.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I did one sort of similar to IDPA called the Tidewater Top Shot which is held every second Saturday of the month at the C2 Center. Also my first time participating in a combat shooting competition and also surprised to have made the Top 10. There were 4 stages and some of the stages containing about 2-3 events. Of all the rest drawing from open carry, I was the only one who drew from concealment as I was wearing a vest. The gun I used at the competition was my H&K USP .40. Looking forward to another one next month but with my S&W Model 457 .45 this time.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Our matches are very newbie friendly. Always a new shooters meeting to explain the rules. Lots of patience with a new shooter.
    It was great and also meeting with my CC class instructor again. Despite being the only Asian/Filipino American competitor in the event, I was not looked at strangely and was treated like a fellow human being..

Joined a new range a month ago. They do a modified IDPA. I am so looking forward to it.
    Enjoyed your post. Congrats on your first time!

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

IDPA sounds like a lot of fun! I'm just getting into handguns, and this sounds like a great way to get some good experience.
    I looked into it and a conservation club nearby does a IDPA shoot once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Very friendly! There was three newbies in our group, and they had every one else shoot first so we could watch on the first two stages. They helped me a few times, with tips and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PTAaron View Post
    IDPA sounds like a lot of fun! I'm just getting into handguns, and this sounds like a great way to get some good experience.
    I looked into it and a conservation club nearby does a IDPA shoot once a month.
    Try it, at least once. It is worth it.
    --Jason--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links