My first IDPA match- Range Report

This is a discussion on My first IDPA match- Range Report within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Jason! That sure sounds like it would be fun and a fun way to train under pressure ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My first IDPA match- Range Report

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Jason! That sure sounds like it would be fun and a fun way to train under pressure (timed event witb lots of people watching). I guess thanks to you there will be a few IDPA matches in my future as well .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vca2004 View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Jason! That sure sounds like it would be fun and a fun way to train under pressure (timed event witb lots of people watching). I guess thanks to you there will be a few IDPA matches in my future as well .
    My pleasure.

JL
    Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Blades, the safety officers had no issues with your Remora? Was it the regular Remora, or the newer OWB style that velcro attaches to your belt?
    Thanks for asking this. I had the same question. I have never shot IDPA, but thinking about it, and I carry in a Remora. Does anyone know the the Remora hoslters being a problem anywhere else?

VIP Member
    Congrats man. Keep it up.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by JL View Post
    Thanks for asking this. I had the same question. I have never shot IDPA, but thinking about it, and I carry in a Remora. Does anyone know the the Remora hoslters being a problem anywhere else?
    Just check with your Safety Officer before you shoot. I would hope it would be okay since it is what you carry your handgun in.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by vca2004 View Post
    Gonna do a that same local shooting competition this coming Saturday, except each stage is different this time and I will be using a subcompact pistol, the S&W Model 457 .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Gonna do a that same local shooting competition this coming Saturday, except each stage is different this time and I will be using a subcompact pistol, the S&W Model 457 .45 ACP.
    I always wanted a S&W 457, those are nice. Good luck!
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What I like about it is that it is easy to conceal inside the pants and is also double action for the first shot. Since it hard to find a 1911 in double action, I am sticking with the 457. Just recently, I also had to repaint the sights with a sight touch up pen since the white colored dots are fading out. Other than that and a few signs of holster wear, no real issues with the 457.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    What I like about it is that it is easy to conceal inside the pants and is also double action for the first shot. Since it hard to find a 1911 in double action, I am sticking with the 457. Just recently, I also had to repaint the sights with a sight touch up pen since the white colored dots are fading out. Other than that and a few signs of holster wear, no real issues with the 457.
    It is a great gun, one of those good ones S&W made, and should never have stopped making. I've got my Glock 30, so I'll stick with it. I am considering buying some silver nail polish or gold, to paint my Glock sights. I have seen bright orange nail polish with silver flecks in it, I might try it. Haven't decided, it will depend on what is cheap.
    --Jason--

Different Outcome (Lessons Learned)

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I shot my 457 at the local combat shooting competition last Saturday and did not do as well as my first outing with the full sized H&K USP .40. Couldn't even make the top 10. From this experience, I learned that the Model 457 is not that tight beyond 15 yds. so it affected my overall score. I will still rely on it for summer CC as well as backup home defense gun. Unless there is a subcompact pistol combat shooting competition in the works, I will no longer use this for competitive shooting and will use this only for tactical pistol shooting classes and stationary target shooting. I have no plans to trade it for a 1911 since it is very concealable, is DA, and is very reliable (I had no malfunctions with it during the competition although I have seen a couple of 1911s malfunction). Next competition, it's gonna be with the H&K USP .40.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links