Woman in Detroit get “Legally Armed in Detroit”

This is a discussion on Woman in Detroit get “Legally Armed in Detroit” within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; During the second day of our event, I provided free shooting lessons for about 40 women at a nearby gun range. To accomplish this task, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru

Thread: Woman in Detroit get “Legally Armed in Detroit”

Woman in Detroit get “Legally Armed in Detroit”

During the second day of our event, I provided free shooting lessons for about 40 women at a nearby gun range. To accomplish this task, I had the support of the Target Sports II Gun Range who donated their classroom and range, the Black Hills Ammunition Company donated a case of 9mm FMJ ammunition, and several Firearms Instructors from the region who donated their time to support this event. One of the participants from this activity, Ms. Stephanie Jasky (FedUpUSA), also appears along with me on this broadcast.
    this is a great idea

Legally Armed In Detroit (LAID) conducted a FREE shooting lesson for women in conjunction with their Personal Protection Awareness Weekend event. This video captures images from Day 2 of a three day event. The range time for this activity was donated by the Target Sports II Gun Range of Orchard Lake. Also, the ammunition was donated by the Black Hills Ammunition Company of South Dakota. For more info about personal protection awareness in the metro-Detroit area
    BurgerBoy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Good idea, I'd have picked a different name, but that's only me.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nice,I had a VA appointment today and while conversing with the nurse while we were doing my vitals,I now have got another lady that wants to learn to shoot a handgun and hopefully will continue on to get her CHL.I find that a lot of times once you break the ice there are a lot of people that just didn't know who to ask.On the other hand I met a lady that isn't interested in firearms,but I did bring up pepper spray and several personal security suggestions that she was really interested in so I find that even tho carrying a firearm may not be for everybody there are less than lethal options that they may not be aware of
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A lot of times woman will wait until something happen before they see a need to get started. no matter what; something is better than nothing

I can't claim to know anything about getting LAID but I can recommend this facility. The people who work there are great: approachable, friendly and knowledgable. It doesn't surprise me that they donated range time to a good cause.

Very cool, love the name! Good to see the ladies being proactive instead of reactive, especially in that area.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Don't you think the name is a bit insulting?
    (LAID..)

Agree, good idea, but odd naming. As I understand it these women are LAID? That is derogatory sort of isnt it?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Sounds like a great event!

I'm sure the name is to be attention grabbing and all that but I don't like it at all...

Links