Yeager video on carrying with an empty chamber

This is a discussion on Yeager video on carrying with an empty chamber within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There's no question that carrying with your gun ready to fire is the fastest and most combat ready way you can possibly carry a gun, ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 135
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Yeager video on carrying with an empty chamber

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,505
    There's no question that carrying with your gun ready to fire is the fastest and most combat ready way you can possibly carry a gun, I won't argue that. Even if there were no speed differences, carrying with one chambered is still better for the fact that you can get a nosedive by chambering a round.

    With one already in the pipe, there's a very high percentage it's going to go boom when you pull the trigger.

    My ONLY beef is with those who tell someone they are essentially wasting their time by carrying a gun without one in the chamber. Most of the people saying that have 0 experience with a life and death situation and in fact have no idea how they themselves will react, perhaps they would be better of with a gun that isn't loaded.

    There are way too many unknowns and not everyone is the same... I don't care how you carry, just practice that way and I'd go so far as to say don't alternate.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Lucky No...Smart on handling your weapon yes..But how do you do it....LOL
    I have no idea, especially while driving with the wife up front and two young kids in the back!

  4. #63
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,803
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Again, I'm not saying C3 is the only way to carry. I just think C3 has its merits and the fact it removes any chance of a ND that kills/injures an innocent is a major positive...a deciding factor for me.
    In bold: The only reason to carry C3 that makes sense. It is up to the individual to decide if they are confident in carrying with one in the chamber. This gentleman obviously does not. Any other comments about how fast I can do this or I can go H to H or I can do it with one hand are really not reasons to carry C3. The only reason to not carry one in the chamber is a lack of confidence.
    tcox4freedom and First Sgt like this.

  5. #64
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Whether one has experience in a life or death situation is irrelevant. The entire point of SD is to ensure you are as prepared as you can reasonably be and in the face of an already admitted to fact that it takes longer to draw, rack, and engage than it does to draw and engage there can be no debate on the timing issue. Given that there can be no debate as to which is faster for each person, why would someone not want to ensure the deck is stacked as much as possible in his/her favor when should the occasion for SD occur it is no longer an academic debate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    There's no question that carrying with your gun ready to fire is the fastest and most combat ready way you can possibly carry a gun, I won't argue that. Even if there were no speed differences, carrying with one chambered is still better for the fact that you can get a nosedive by chambering a round.

    With one already in the pipe, there's a very high percentage it's going to go boom when you pull the trigger.

    My ONLY beef is with those who tell someone they are essentially wasting their time by carrying a gun without one in the chamber.

    1. Most of the people saying that have 0 experience with a life and death situation.
    2. Who's to say that the person with an unloaded gun isn't more mentally capable of handling the situation.

    There are way too many unknowns and not everyone is the same... I don't care how you carry, just practice that way and I'd go so far as to say don't alternate.

  6. #65
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,505
    I disagree, it is quite relevant.

    Ever had one of those nightmares where you cannot scream, or cannot punch, or run?

    Shooting paper at the range is nowhere near how you'll react in a life or death situation, you may shoot yourself just unholstering saving the bad guy the trouble. We hope muscle memory takes over, if you train that is.

  7. #66
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    There's no question that carrying with your gun ready to fire is the fastest and most combat ready way you can possibly carry a gun, I won't argue that. Even if there were no speed differences, carrying with one chambered is still better for the fact that you can get a nosedive by chambering a round.

    With one already in the pipe, there's a very high percentage it's going to go boom when you pull the trigger.

    My ONLY beef is with those who tell someone they are essentially wasting their time by carrying a gun without one in the chamber. Most of the people saying that have 0 experience with a life and death situation and in fact have no idea how they themselves will react, perhaps they would be better of with a gun that isn't loaded.

    There are way too many unknowns and not everyone is the same... I don't care how you carry, just practice that way and I'd go so far as to say don't alternate.
    Some of us do know how it will plays out and from that experience, will inform others of the proper way to carry a properly loaded firearm.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

  8. #67
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,505
    Again, not everyone is the same... what's best for you isn't necessarily the best for the guy down the street. I think it's asinine to assume everyone handles stress the same way.

    I carry ready to go... but I lose no respect for someone who doesn't - nor do I try and convince them they should. The information is out there, I'd like to think an adult carrying a gun is capable of deciding what method is best for them, for some it changes as they become more comfortable (I'm one of them), for others it's not something they'll ever change, while still others will carry chambered from day one.

  9. #68
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Let's take this a bit further. If "you may shoot yourself unholstering [a chambered weapon] saving the bad guy the trouble" then clearly you might do worse when attempting to rack the slide while unholstering and attempting to engage your target. Adding more variables and actions in a stressful environment exacerbates the situation -- it does not make it easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I disagree, it is quite relevant.

    Ever had one of those nightmares where you cannot scream, or cannot punch, or run?

    Shooting paper at the range is nowhere near how you'll react in a life or death situation, you may shoot yourself just unholstering saving the bad guy the trouble. We hope muscle memory takes over, if you train that is.
    jumpwing likes this.

  10. #69
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Yes, thank you, you are exactly correct. People make mistakes and carrying in C3 can protect others from these mistakes. When people screw up with a loaded chamber, people can get hurt or killed.
    When people screw up with an empty chamber people can get hurt or killed. (Those people could be you wife & children!)

    BTW;
    I used to really like Mr. Yeager. But, I lost a lot of respect for him when he came out as anti OC. Other than that, I like his training style.
    -

  11. #70
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Again, not everyone is the same... what's best for you isn't necessarily the best for the guy down the street. I think it's asinine to assume everyone handles stress the same way.

    I carry ready to go... but I lose no respect for someone who doesn't - nor do I try and convince them they should. The information is out there, I'd like to think an adult carrying a gun is capable of deciding what method is best for them, for some it changes as they become more comfortable (I'm one of them), for others it's not something they'll ever change, while still others will carry chambered from day one.
    Sometimes when someone is new to something they need guidance as to how to do it. You can equate it to anything in life were you would need instruction on how to do something. Advocating that an empty chamber is ok, because it feels good is irresponsible IMO...

    We are talking SD, not how to make cookies.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,505
    Thanks, now I'm hungry...

  13. #72
    Member Array minimalbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    There's no question that carrying with your gun ready to fire is the fastest and most combat ready way you can possibly carry a gun, I won't argue that. Even if there were no speed differences, carrying with one chambered is still better for the fact that you can get a nosedive by chambering a round.

    With one already in the pipe, there's a very high percentage it's going to go boom when you pull the trigger.

    My ONLY beef is with those who tell someone they are essentially wasting their time by carrying a gun without one in the chamber. Most of the people saying that have 0 experience with a life and death situation and in fact have no idea how they themselves will react, perhaps they would be better of with a gun that isn't loaded.

    There are way too many unknowns and not everyone is the same... I don't care how you carry, just practice that way and I'd go so far as to say don't alternate.
    While I carry with one in I have to say you are right. Better to have a gun than have no gun at all. There are some people that think their gun, their ammo, their way of thinking is the only way. Sometimes we just have to tune those people out.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

  14. #73
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    FWIW, I wasn't referring to the military incident - I would never even attempt to judge him by what he did or didn't do while in the military.
    Just to keep it straight, I believe Mr Yeager was a private contractor, he was never in the military.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  15. #74
    Member Array MisterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    138
    Haven't read all the responses, but it seems like there is a theme here. Those in favor of carrying a round in the chamber point to user error as being the reason why a ND could occur, lack of confidence on the part of the person unwilling to carry chambered, and lack of training. Seems like you are willing to point out user error, but unwilling to accept that the guns we all carry around are imperfect tools, made by imperfect human beings. Guns are sent in for repair constantly. You mean to tell me that a ND with a gun that has a round chambered is impossible unless it can be blamed on the user? Bull! I guess ignorance is bliss, until your imperfect gun malfunctions and blows off your manhood.
    Thunder71 likes this.

  16. #75
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,505
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Just to keep it straight, I believe Mr Yeager was a private contractor, he was never in the military.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

442 airweight hammer rest empty chamber

,
carring a weapon with a empty chamber
,

carry with empty chamber

,

carrying with empty chamber

,
chambered tuned pipe vs unchambered
,

chambered vs unchambered carry

,

empty chamber carry

,

empty chamber carry video

,

getoffthex forums has less members online since yeagers video

,
the israeli method
,

the myths of the israeli method of carry

,
whats going on with getoffthex
Click on a term to search for related topics.