Forget Ayoob and Cooper - Page 2

Forget Ayoob and Cooper

This is a discussion on Forget Ayoob and Cooper within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oldnfat Ayoob and Cooper train you for the real world. Situations you might actually encounter in everyday life. If you are a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Forget Ayoob and Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Ayoob and Cooper train you for the real world. Situations you might actually encounter in everyday life. If you are a LEO or a avg. Joe, they can help you learn to stay alive. If you can't attend the training, read their books.
    Well said!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Ayoob and Cooper provide training for real life. If you want to train for a video presentation, this is the perfect environment.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Unless they have up armored tactical Hoveround's I'd just be wasting my time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Ayoob and Cooper train you for the real world. Situations you might actually encounter in everyday life. If you are a LEO or a avg. Joe, they can help you learn to stay alive.
    Watch the videos and dash cam footage posted here regularly.

Real world fights are 360 degree affairs that involve often times in-your-face distances and really moving (not the "Groucho" walk or a single side step left or right).

Weaver stances at stationary targets around 7yds are not the answer.
    Last edited by ScottM; September 9th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

The thead needed a title, that's all. No disrespect to either Ayoob nor Cooper intented.
    I just thought it would be nice to share the video. I know that the average guy wouldn't need training as provided at the KA facility, nor do I think that most if not all of us don't have the basics to use a facility like that. It is for SF, SOCOM and commando units that are already trained, and capable of physical peak performance. Again, no disrespect to any of you guys, but we are not talking IDPA or something, we are talking warfare. I know for a fact that I am not in the shape to make it through an intense day there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Why forget Ayoob and Cooper at all?

I like reading 'em. I think I can manage to remember 'em.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

The late Jeff Cooper, if still alive, would have forgotten more than most people know.
    Last edited by oneshot; September 9th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links