Would you shoot.... - Page 10

Would you shoot....

This is a discussion on Would you shoot.... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a thread some may find to be of help on what I call your trigger point to react and the thread calls "your ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Would you shoot....

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Here is a thread some may find to be of help on what I call your trigger point to react and the thread calls "your line in the sand." Long thread but lots of info given.

Your Line in the Sand Part 1
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Yikes. Reading some of the posts in that thread was a little disheartening. Seems like the majority of LEOs have no problem whatsoever with shooting children. Really kinda took me by surprise. Cut from a different cloth I guess.

I agree

Actually I made that decision once. I was standing in the back of an empty deuce and a half on convoy security in SEA in 1969. The convey was returning from a supply run to Mia Loc and had stopped at the bridge to Dong Ha, waiting for traffic to clear so we could cross.
    This child about 4-5 years old came running up to the top of dirt bank about 15 feet from the convey. He point what appeared to be a handgun at me and pulled the trigger. The gun made a bang. I was about 2-3 oz away from unloading a 20 rd magazine into him and my brain kicked in gear telling me something didn't "sound" quite right.
    I jumped off the vehicle and when I got to the kid I found that he had a "toy" gun made out of a piece of wood and a sawed off M1 carbine barrel. It was made like a Zip gun and had been loaded with a blank practice cartridge. Further investigation revealed that the cartridge had not been much more the a empty cartridge case and a primer. The barrel had a piece of steel rod jammed into it.
    FWIW When I got to him my adrenaline was pumping, the kid looked scared and was crying. I took the "toy: and broke it up against the side of the deuce and a half. When I looked again the kid was gone.
    It is a good memory that surfaces once in a while.

For those that have been there you can remember how the kids swarmed around the stopped coveys begging for candy, cigerettes ETC.

For some of you that will post " that kid was lucky" I consider myself lucky I didn't pull those last couple of ounces of trigger pull.

Pulling that trigger then finding out it was a "toy" would not have made it a good memory.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Actually I made that decision once. I was standing in the back of an empty deuce and a half on convoy security in SEA in 1969. The convey was returning from a supply run to Mia Loc and had stopped at the bridge to Dong Ha, waiting for traffic to clear so we could cross.
    This child about 4-5 years old came running up to the top of dirt bank about 15 feet from the convey. He point what appeared to be a handgun at me and pulled the trigger. The gun made a bang. I was about 2-3 oz away from unloading a 20 rd magazine into him and my brain kicked in gear telling me something didn't "sound" quite right.
    I jumped off the vehicle and when I got to the kid I found that he had a "toy" gun made out of a piece of wood and a sawed off M1 carbine barrel. It was made like a Zip gun and had been loaded with a blank practice cartridge. Further investigation revealed that the cartridge had not been much more the a empty cartridge case and a primer. The barrel had a piece of steel rod jammed into it.
    FWIW When I got to him my adrenaline was pumping, the kid looked scared and was crying. I took the "toy: and broke it up against the side of the deuce and a half. When I looked again the kid was gone.
    It is a good memory that surfaces once in a while.

For those that have been there you can remember how the kids swarmed around the stopped coveys begging for candy, cigerettes ETC.

For some of you that will post " that kid was lucky" I consider myself lucky I didn't pull those last couple of ounces of trigger pull.

Pulling that trigger then finding out it was a "toy" would not have made it a good memory.
    Great story!
    I feel you were very lucky!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links