Would you shoot.... - Page 2

Would you shoot....

This is a discussion on Would you shoot.... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ScottM Can you shoot someone you know? Someone related to you? Can you shoot the cheerleader or honor roll student? It's a ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Would you shoot....

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Can you shoot someone you know?

Someone related to you?

Can you shoot the cheerleader or honor roll student?

It's a mindset issue.
    I hate cheerleaders and their stupid attitudes, so, YES. Honor role student? Kids with brains dont do things that get them shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I hate cheerleaders and their stupid attitudes, so, YES. Honor role student? Kids with brains dont do things that get them shot.
    Like the kid doing the shooting in Colorado. You cant predict who is going to snap....
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Like the kid doing the shooting in Colorado. You cant predict who is going to snap....
    youre right about that, but he told people he was going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Can you shoot someone you know?

Someone related to you?

Can you shoot the cheerleader or honor roll student?
    Yikes. Reading some of the posts in that thread was a little disheartening. Seems like the majority of LEOs have no problem whatsoever with shooting children. Really kinda took me by surprise. Cut from a different cloth I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    youre right about that, but he told people he was going to do it.
    Doesnt change the fact that the kid was smart, on the deans list and from all appearances was going to make a real good run at life.

You will never be able to tell what is in the heart of a kid. We have to have the proper mindset to deal with the threat.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Yikes. Reading some of the posts in that thread was a little disheartening. Seems like the majority of LEOs have no problem whatsoever with shooting children. Really kinda took me by surprise. Cut from a different cloth I guess.
    LEO or not, if you can't maybe the whole "carrying a gun for defense" thing needs re-thinking?
    Bad Bob likes this.

Am I carrying C3 so I have that extra second to think while I am racking the slide? (sorry, had to toss that in there being the smart butt I am). No, I would not. Here is why: I am assuming that I see the child as is in the picture..that is he is that close to me. I would not have time to draw whether it was a child or not and at that distance child or not H2H would be best. Covering the approximate 5 feet or less in the scenario puts drawing out of the question.

Second, since I am that observant I noticed his finger is not on the trigger, not that it would matter. The child and or BG is so close.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I would tell this lil thug to get me a beer and then his dad in that order.......
    ScottM likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    My actions will be based on the presumption, on my part, as a reasonable person that I am in imminent danger of death or great bodily injury. Whatever it is that causes that kind of reaction from me, I will present my firearm and kill it. Key words are "reasonable" and "imminent"--they both leave latitude for making decisions. I would hope and pray that the word "reasonable" adds a dimension that allows for something other than a tragedy. Bottom line, though, is that if the key word is imminent, all bets are off. Why in the world am I even possessing a firearm if I am not going to protect myself against imminent death?

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Once a gun is pointed at me, there is no such thing as age, race, or sex, just a threat that needs to be stopped. Just a few weeks back, I was looking at a BB gun that I thought was the real deal until I took a closer look at it. But at 1st and even 2nd glance it looked very much real.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I can not say for certain. If at the moment of encounter, I felt my life as in jeopardy, he was able to harm me, and the intended to harm me, then I would shoot. I would like to think I would give the kid a break though
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I sorry but I read a lot of post on a lot of forums and I going to get in trouble here but here goes... Any man that could walk in to a room, see that child with a gun and shoot him is no man in my book! I can not see any situation that can change my mind.
    hazard123 likes this.

Why did I click this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I sorry but I read a lot of post on a lot of forums and I going to get in trouble here but here goes... Any man that could walk in to a room, see that child with a gun and shoot him is no man in my book! I can not see any situation that can change my mind.
    You are not alone and te child is pointing a gun with your family with you?
    AOK likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

No way. Take cover, wait till his arms get tire (wont take long), paddle his lil behind.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links