Randy Cain, Shotgun I Class

This is a discussion on Randy Cain, Shotgun I Class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have posted before about how much I learned in Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 class -- and I wrote an article for CCM reviewing ...

Thread: Randy Cain, Shotgun I Class

Randy Cain, Shotgun I Class

I have posted before about how much I learned in Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 class -- and I wrote an article for CCM reviewing the class ( http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/tactical101.pdf ).

I knew I would be going back for more, but I was told that Randy is also one of the best shotgun instructors around. I knew little about defensive shotguns, and decided now was the time to learn. I attended Randy's 3 day Shotgun I class at Southern Exposure in Lakeland, Florida (offered other places too).

It was an awesome experience. The shotgun is an amazingly versatile weapon, but it takes some training to really use on to its potential. We were making effective use of the shotguns from 7 yards to 75 yards.

I highly recommend the class -- you won't ever look at your shotgun (or your puny pistol) the same way. Info on Randy Cain and Cumberland Tactics is at www.guntactics.com and more info on the Southern Exposure training facility can be found at: www.southernexposuretraining.com.

Here are a few pics from the class:

(O.k. -- not a great hit -- but that was my first attempt at 75 yards!)

If you are thinking about getting some training and have any questions about Randy Cain, or Southern Exposure -- feel free to ask me. I have no afiliation with either entity and I am not on commission -- I just think these guys deserve some exposure for the great product they are offering.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

2. Remove Ads

'nother endorsement for Randy "Dont be a windowlikker" Cain.

Dan

Thanks for the info! I am always up for training, i actually love it and have a great time. I have recently become a member of one in my area just like the one you talk about that offers any kind of training you could imagine, I am lucky enough to have this type of training so close.

I will look further into it, Florida sounds pretty nice to train when it is 9degrees here this winter!

I was also wondering if that's a flip up site on your shotgun or is that part of the background, it's hard to tell? If it is a site, what is it and where can I get more info on it?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Ti -- that is something in the background. My shotty has the standard Remington rifle sights. Rifle sights are definitely nice to have on a shotgun. The gun is capable of far more accuracy that you can get out of a bead sight.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

Gotcha! That really does look like a flip AR rear site or something like that. Kinda wild that is lined up just right in the pick, at least enough to throw me off on it.

Ok, next question! did you order the rifle sites on your 870 and buy it that way or did you put those on post purchase?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Links