Storm Mountain Training Center

This is a discussion on Storm Mountain Training Center within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's been a while since I have taken a defensive shooting course and I'm feeling the itch to work something into my schedule. Do any ...

Thread: Storm Mountain Training Center

It's been a while since I have taken a defensive shooting course and I'm feeling the itch to work something into my schedule. Do any of you have any experience with Storm Mountain in Elk Garden, WV? They are not all that far from me and I have heard some good things about them.

Here is a link to their website:
    Welcome

I take it no one is familiar with them That's cool. With the good things I've heard about them, I think take a course or two and see how it goes.

My best friend and shooting buddy back east did their long-range shooting schools over 2 summers, and he came back brimming over with new info. He was apparently the only civvie in his classes, everyone else being LE/mil/contractor. So obviously this is second-hand, but my buddy and I have trained together so I know whereof he speaks and he is not one prone to hyperbole. Hed had high praise for the guy who runs Storm Mountain, in particular for his ethics re who he trains and, more importantly, who he will not. Hope that's an endorsement for you.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    My best friend and shooting buddy back east did their long-range shooting schools over 2 summers, and he came back brimming over with new info. He was apparently the only civvie in his classes, everyone else being LE/mil/contractor. So obviously this is second-hand, but my buddy and I have trained together so I know whereof he speaks and he is not one prone to hyperbole. Hed had high praise for the guy who runs Storm Mountain, in particular for his ethics re who he trains and, more importantly, who he will not. Hope that's an endorsement for you.
    Thanks Smitty. That goes along with other things I have heard. I feel confident that I will get good solid training and information from them.

Sponsored Links