Warning: only a Marine will understand this completely - Page 2

Warning: only a Marine will understand this completely

This is a discussion on Warning: only a Marine will understand this completely within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in the navy now and I love our rules have fun on shore marines we are going to a different port to party see ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Warning: only a Marine will understand this completely

I'm in the navy now and I love our rules have fun on shore marines we are going to a different port to party see you in 6 months. Lol
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

I'm taking the OP in jest, we were all in it together. While in the USAF stationed in Okinawa in 1969-70 at Naha, I was on the Base Boxing Team. We used to have intra-service boxing at the Stillwell Field House at Kadena AB up island. Pride was on the high side when in a contest with a Marine or Navy fighter, especially if you won, and the other service didn't throw in a "ringer"for that class. After all was done, a cold beer or two with your opponent and friends was the "final round". In downtown, Namnuhi (sp), the various team members were the "peace keepers" among the service oriented bars. BTW, I was in The Blind Bat Squadron-Sp.Ops., SSgt. Ground Power Support, C-130's TDY PACAF, Spooky/Spectre, F-104's,374thTCS.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

I know he was in jest...did not anyone notice the clever use of emoticons?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Number 5 is definitely wrong...any Marine would know that we close distance with the enemy, not increase distance from the enemy.

Also, to anybody that might be taking this a little more seriously than they ought to, I have friends from every service, and some of them either A) Acknowledge that the Marines are a little more bad*** in ways, or B) They have just as many jokes as the Marines do.

After all, the Marines are just a bunch of meat heads that eat rocks.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Marines actually hold accuracy and ammo conservation at a extremely high degree. You never know when you are going to have to hold somewhere or when their reinforcements might comes.

You know why they call 'em "jar heads" don't you...

The DS is tasked with emptying the "jar" and filling it with this drivel...Starts on the first day of training...

Runnin' as fast as I can... pointin' over there... "he said that... wasn't me, sir"

Captain Oak of the Mall Force Ninjas, the real homeland security, atcher service!

And BTW, whatever your branch... Thanks for your service, really... THAT, I'm serious about.
    Crowman likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I see you never spent anytime around US Army infantry.
    I fought along side Marines and have full respect for their infantry but to try and say they any better any tougher no.
    Most forget the Marines primary duty is as an Expeditionary Force. They have little to no support ability. If it were not for other Forces supporting the movement they would be done in a week at best Just Fact. The Army fills many rolls including occupation . That requires 7-9 support personal for every infantry soldier in the field. The same support units that provide meals to our infantry fed the Marines also had they not they would have starved. It easy to take center stage when others carry the bags. Even Army infantry forget they could not last long with out with out the support Units. Air Force provided 70% of our medical support. When we needed to run down one of those darn rivers few Navy service member were there.
    Air Force Special Fores Operation has a few you would not want to mess with either.
    All the old rules have change. We sent years building up to a purple Force concept. What that means is a mixture of Forces the once thick line between Army.Navy ,Marines, Air Force are now light gray and drawn in pencil.
    Salute the Flag not the uniform

Per this story in today's Washington Post, Lt. Col. Christopher K. Raible, violated Rule 25 and died a hero's death for it. My hat is off to Col Raible and all the other Devil Dogs. Slain Marine commander’s actions in Afghanistan called heroic - The Washington Post

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You got pretty close on the AF except for #5. Unlike the other services, we send our officers off to the target to get shot at, while the enlisted maintenance folks hang out at the club until they return.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Children ... chiledren... children!!! Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all get paid by the same man..UNCLE SAM... We all serve/served with pride...DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY... We all serve NOW by choice NOT by law (Even though the draft was going full speed in my time, I personally VOLUNTEERED for the service I chose and VOLUNTEERED for Nam, even though I could have gotten out of it by virtue of the "only son" rule)... We all bleed red! ... And, in the end, I think it would be safe to say that the MAJORITY of us are PROUD to have served, or be serving, or to have made the choice to serve in the near future... I think if the chips were down it wouldn't make any difference what color uniform we were in, we'd have each others back!!!! That goes for LEO's, Firfighters, EMT's, etc... JMO
    joker1 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

NCO turned officer in the Army, had my fun and left on a high note.
    One thing I'd add about the Air Force-- watch cable TV.
    One thing I'd add about the Navy-- wear blue BDU's that mean you can't see em when they fall over. Always astounded by the squids I worked with that couldn't swim.
    One thing I'd add about the Marines-- tell everyone on the road that you are a Marine by putting at a minimum 3 stickers somewhere on your back window and bumper.
    One thing I'd add about the Army-- when two people can do the job, send in 10 and make sure it takes longer.
    Cold Shot and pittypat21 like this.

Number 14 is the one i feel like is most important

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    When we were at Ft Bliss, TX, we went up into New Mexico near the AF Base there to buy Alfalfa for our horses. The rancher we bought it from was retired USAF Spec Ops guy--now worked as a civilian at the Air Base and ranched on the side. The small bales weighed at least 100 lbs each. As we were stacking them in my trailer, I was handling one at a time--this guy had one in each hand and was tossing them like they were marshmellows--he had forearms that were bigger than my calves......just syaing..............
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

@Chaplain Scott-- not to be nitpicky, but do you realize you left an entire sentence out of your Reagan quote?

Once a Marine always a Marine and yes I get it, and lived it.
    USMC 68-74
    NRA LIFE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links