My Gunfight - Page 3

My Gunfight

This is a discussion on My Gunfight within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball Dude, get to a class. You are supporting a way that most here do not adhere to..... I'm aware most are ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: My Gunfight

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Dude, get to a class. You are supporting a way that most here do not adhere to.....
    I'm aware most are against C3 and I'm totally fine with that. By no means do I suggest others start carrying C3 and I'm not suggesting C1 is the wrong way to go about it. I do think C3 is a viable means of carry, however, and choose to share my opinion on the subject in threads like this. It all comes down to personal preference based on a solid risk assessment for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    No, it doesn't, unless you never intend to actually make your weapon hot.
    Only time I intend to make a weapon hot is before I fire it. That means the range or in an SD scenario.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Only time I intend to make a weapon hot is before I fire it. That means the range or in an SD scenario.
    Exactly, and if you honestly believe you're so good you can't fumble while making your weapon hot under extreme pressure, you're only kidding yourself. The only thing that "totally eliminates the possibility of an ND" is never loading the weapon to begin with.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Exactly, and if you honestly believe you're so good you can't fumble while making your weapon hot under extreme pressure, you're only kidding yourself. The only thing that "totally eliminates the possibility of an ND" is never loading the weapon to begin with.
    Agreed, there is a chance I could fumble while trying to rack the slide. There is also the chance you get have an ND because you forgot to remove that round from the chamber before dry firing it. Or, if a gun without a manual safety, you could have an ND while holstering your weapon because your finger slipped into the trigger guard.

I'm aware most are against C3 and I'm totally fine with that. By no means do I suggest others start carrying C3 and I'm not suggesting C1 is the wrong way to go about it. I do think C3 is a viable means of carry, however, and choose to share my opinion on the subject in threads like this. It all comes down to personal preference based on a solid risk assessment for yourself.
    Your risk assessment is perfect for no carry. Yes I said it, do not carry a gun. Im not sure were you live, or what you do for a living, but I do no one thing, you are a danger to yourself and in turn that makes you a danger to society....
    Bad Bob and tcox4freedom like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

OD*
    Yeah, yeah, and I could be hit by lightning three times too.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    3wggl, may I suggest you learn to trust yourself (learn the gun handling skills needed to overcome the fear of a ND) and your gun (unless there is something broken or your gun will only fire then the trigger is pressed). I suggest you take a FOF class as soon as possible. I think it will show you why C3 carry sucks for those who take self defense serious.

Israeli pushed the unchambered round for a reason lots of the firearms their people were carrying were not safe with a round in them. If your gun is not safe loaded then get a new one. Carry a loaded gun and be ready to fight once it starts because you are already behind in the fight. I don't care how fast you are in getting that round in the chamber it takes time you don't have. And the BIG question is how good and fast are you at doing the chambering with only one hand because you could very well only have one hand to work the gun. The other one is busy fighting the BG off or it has taking a hit and of no use.

I'm sorry but I see your "assumptions" of the fight being way off base. But we all live our own life the way we see fit. So I hope you the best and that would be that you never have to actually find out if it works or not in real life situation.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Here is a video for those who think C3 is the way to carry.

LiveLeak.com - Jewelery Store Shooting in Agra

He never got it loaded!
    oneshot and Bad Bob like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Your risk assessment is perfect for no carry. Yes I said it, do not carry a gun. Im not sure were you live, or what you do for a living, but I do no one thing, you are a danger to yourself and in turn that makes you a danger to society....
    Poor form, Harry. I respect your opinion and you've made some great points that have led me to strongly consider C1 and additional training. Are you angry I won't do everything I can to ensure my self preservation in an SD scenario? This coming from a guy who's smoked how many years? Have you taken any defensive driving courses? How's the diet? And you want to give me a hard time because I'm going to handicap myself for certain SD scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Here is a video for those who think C3 is the way to carry.

LiveLeak.com - Jewelery Store Shooting in Agra

He never got it loaded!
    Yup, saw that one a long time ago. C3 can lead to your demise....no doubt about it. C1 can also lead to your demise or the demise of an innocent. I appreciate your feedback and comments but even the most experienced firearm handlers have NDs. Within the last couple days a forum member, who is also a firearms trainer, kindly made a post for us to learn from about him nearly ending his own life as a result on an ND.

The risk of ever being in an SD scenario were you need to fire your weapon is quite low. I know playing the numbers game is a bad thing but I think it's an important consideration as there is also a risk you could have an ND that hurts or kills someone...regardless of how much you live by the 4 rules. I've read far too many articles about ND's by experienced firearm handlers to assume I'll never have one. I choose to take on a bit more SD risk to further ensure the safety of those around me, and myself, from an ND.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Israeli pushed the unchambered round for a reason lots of the firearms their people were carrying were not safe with a round in them.
    Oh, yeah. That reminds me. I had a chance to look over a Red China Tokarev, probably a war trophy. No safety. Man, I'd hate to have to carry that thing.

I sure hope Israel is using something better than that.

..or run to create space between you and the attacker.
    I train in this technique, only I'm drawing my C1 Glock and shooting the BG to the ground as I move.

BTW, did you used to post on WarriorTalk?
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I train in this technique, only I'm drawing my C1 Glock and shooting the BG to the ground as I move.

BTW, did you used to post on WarriorTalk?
    My technique would be the same as yours...+ a quick rack of the slide. Slower than your method for sure, but not by much and hopefully still effective.

I've never been on WarriorTalk. I just visited the site...looks like it's worth checking out.

My technique would be the same as yours...+ a quick rack of the slide. Slower than your method for sure, but not by much and hopefully still effective.
    No, not really even close. You should really try it in force-on-froce and see what you are lacking.

I've never been on WarriorTalk. I just visited the site...looks like it's worth checking out.
    You probably wouldn't feel at home there. C3 is frowned upon highly.

Reason I asked is that there used to be someone on there who posted just like you...
    Bad Bob likes this.

Very good post. I've never understood carrying without a round chambered. But it's all their preference, like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. I'd rather be ready and not need it...

Not to mention, Lack of training, preconceived notions, and overall complacency are a cocktail for disaster.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links