Virtual reality simulations

This is a discussion on Virtual reality simulations within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've known about these for some time.. usually the ones I've seen are quite expensive... and not in the mainstream yet... Here's a simulator in ...

Thread: Virtual reality simulations

I've known about these for some time.. usually the ones I've seen are quite expensive... and not in the mainstream yet...

Here's a simulator in a Gander Mountain Store.... $25 for a half hour...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's pretty cool. I'd love to go through one of those.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Reminds me of the scene in MIB where the tryouts are shooting cardboard aliens

Wish we had one of those around here
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

There is on in the GM about 10 miles from my house.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

We have a very good one at a gunshop in Manassas, VA not too far from me. My wife and I tried it out and found it was not only great fun, but we learned some useful things from it -- the trainer who ran the scenarios for us was very helpful as well as pleasant. I enjoyed it so much I went again, with a friend, who also commented on how much he learned from it. If you can find one, and if prices are reasonable, I recommend trying out a simulator.

Off to Google I go to see if I can find one in my area.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I love the idea. I wish there was one near me.

We just had a new range with a simulator open not too far from me in Plant City. I went today and WHAT FUN IT WAS!!!! I can't wait to go back lol! There were a bunch of skills drills available as well as virtual senarios. I had planned on really only doing the skills drills but enjoyed the virtual ones with 'get the bad guy, not the hostage' senarios.

It was a great learning experience since I've only ever shot at stationary paper targets. I've never worked on anything than straight ahead of me. I learned that I need to get lined up faster, work on various directions, pull the trigger faster, etc. I found I shoot at targets to the left horribly lol. The owner kept looking at my paper targets I'd just shot in the regular range saying 'you shoot better than that' lol yeah I shoot ok in a regular range envirnonment, this was completely different!
    Here's a clip from a skills one where you have to shoot the 2 targets that match the pic on the bottom.

And this one was one of the action simulations:

Now I want to go gun shopping for a fun .22 so I can go more often and not break the bank on ammo!!

Central Floridians if interested it's http://www.therangeplantcity.com/sim/
    Last edited by Lish; November 15th, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added the link for locals

Sponsored Links