Anyone use a SIRT gun for training

This is a discussion on Anyone use a SIRT gun for training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw a SIRT (Shot Indicating Resetting Trigger) gun the other weekend. I was just wondering if anyone uses one for practice. SIRT guns...

Thread: Anyone use a SIRT gun for training

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Saw a SIRT (Shot Indicating Resetting Trigger) gun the other weekend. I was just wondering if anyone uses one for practice.

SIRT guns
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Seen the website before. Looks like a good training device. I have no experience with it or know anyone who has. I did find it intriguing when I first saw it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Have one and use it for dry fire training while traveling as well as trigger management for the newbies. The PD has two they use for fire control training.

Note the one I have is the Red/Green laser. Red for trigger prep and green for trigger break.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Yes, I have the green/red laser SIRT and use for training during my NRA courses I teach, as well as for my own practice at home dry firing. I purchased the extra magazine and use them for practicing my draw and reloads. Very useful and safe.

Works very well in various demonstrations for my students during the classes. They have a decent deal for instructors and also offer packages for student training.
    Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

At first, I thought you wrote SQUIRT gun.

Quote Originally Posted by txshooter View Post
    Yes, I have the green/red laser SIRT and use for training during my NRA courses I teach, as well as for my own practice at home dry firing. I purchased the extra magazine and use them for practicing my draw and reloads. Very useful and safe.

Works very well in various demonstrations for my students during the classes. They have a decent deal for instructors and also offer packages for student training.
    I noticed that they have one that looks like a Glock. I wonder if the trigger feels like an actual stock Glock.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

From what I was told when I ordered mine the trigger is adjustable for weight, length of pull, take up, ect, .

Sponsored Links