A new guilty pleasure - Page 2

A new guilty pleasure

This is a discussion on A new guilty pleasure within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He has taken a heartless, brutal, unceasing bashing & beating for that. Some folks just seem to want to absolutely torture the guy with that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A new guilty pleasure

Administrator
    He has taken a heartless, brutal, unceasing bashing & beating for that.
    Some folks just seem to want to absolutely torture the guy with that (I guess) right up until the day he falls over & dies of old age?

But, Geesh! Enough already.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    He has taken a heartless, brutal, unceasing bashing & beating for that.
    Some folks just seem to want to absolutely torture the guy with that (I guess) right up until the day he falls over & dies of old age?

But, Geesh! Enough already.
    agreed... As a matter of fact I think I now have more respect for the guy.

So what he's opinionated? If I'd ever been in the poo, or anyone I could really talk to ever had, I might be able to discount his opinions or his style, but I can't.

Most of the time he's right.

He's driven, he's intelligent, he's experienced. Hate away, but until I see your credentials, you look like a tool.
    Doodle and thephanatik like this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Watching body language indicates that there were at least 5 lies in the first 1:11, turned it off shortly after.
    He appears to be another ex-military (just a guess) guy making money pushing gun related products. Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice if he didn't have a need to stretch the truth so blatantly, it makes him look rather small. IMHO
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Here is a link to the after action review. If anybody is interested. I did read it a while back.
    I am not going to pass judgment on the guy. I wasn't there.
    I could probably "fault" him for the initial operator error but, What is an error? It's called an operator error because it wasn't intentional.
    I don't think calling the guy a coward is really a justified statement.
    They got hit with a pile of armor piercing from belt-feds punching through a soft skinned vehicle - the guy took cover and attempted to return fire but, ended up in a piss poor vantage point location. It wasn't like he grew feathers and turned yellow while he was high-tailing it outta there. He re-engaged toward the end when he perceived that he had a viable line of fire.
    They seemed to get hit so fast and so split second decisions were mandatory - would I have made the exact correct split second decision? I don't know? I hope that I would.
    Would the right decision have been the wrong decision for that exact scenario? I don't know that either so I just don't feel comfortable arm-chairing 32 Seconds total of a firefight when a mans reputation is hanging in the balance. So I'll take a pass on passing judgment.

It's 7 pages.
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...7t8bBFryMqcxrQ

Right when that event happened he had no way of knowing if they were going to get riddled for 30 seconds or 30 minutes. And it looked to me like he was just trying to get decent cover in order to return fire. Which he did ultimately do.
    He just ended up in a crap cover spot but, it wasn't like he had any time to find an ideal location.
    This (of course) is just my opinion and others have quite vocally disagreed. Which is their prerogative also.
    I have personally never been involved in a similar incident so feel free to take my opinion for what it's worth to you.

So, he didn't intentionally put the car in nueteral and engage the parking brake?
    Echo_Four likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I don't know why people love to call him a coward. It seems to me that most people doing that have never been shot at. There was a major mistake made that shouldn't be discounted. That's the type of error one would seek training to ensure they didn't make. To use that to build your training business still doesn't compute to me. That said, there's no doubt that he teaches some good stuff. All the talk about him here probably isn't the end of the world for him either. As people talk about him and link to him I'm sure some love what they see and go train with him. If they do, they'll learn some good stuff. And I'm sure they'll get some laughs too.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Watching body language indicates that there were at least 5 lies in the first 1:11, turned it off shortly after.
    He appears to be another ex-military (just a guess) guy making money pushing gun related products. Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice if he didn't have a need to stretch the truth so blatantly, it makes him look rather small. IMHO
    I find it interesting that some folks can be so judgemental without having any knowledge whatsoever on the subject. If one cares to check the credentials of Yeager, then feel free to peruse this link: James Yeager | Tactical Response I would be interested to see the qualifications of those that are so quick to jump on the "bash Yeager bandwagon"...

Oh..btw...I must have missed those 5 lies in the first 1:11 of the video that you are referring to...Please feel free to enlighten myself and perhaps any others that are wondering what those lies were. Especially the "body language" that indicated the lies...I too hate to see the truth stretched. I'm also interested in your perspectives on how the truth was stretched...Im always open to learn from someone more knowledgeable than myself. Oh..I forgot to ask, what is your weapons and training background. How and where did you receive your instruction and expertise in reading body language? Perhaps I'd like to study under you sometime. Or, perhaps I'd enjoy watching your informative you tube videos...Feel free to post up any information that would allow me to learn more about you.

I will comment on Yeager and Tactical Response however, since I do have "first hand" knowledge. I've met Yeager, socialized with Yeager, trained under Yeager, and evaluated Yeager, based on my own personal observations...I encourage anyone who is able, train under the man. Train under some of his cadre of instructors. You don't have to like the man to gain some very valuable instruction from the courses that are offered by Tactical Response. I believe he offers a "money back guarantee" to anyone that is not satisfied with any of his classes...All you have to do is stand up in front of the class, offer your critique and observations on why you felt like the training was not worthwhile and how you feel like you were ripped off...Better yet, go to his forum site and read the "after action reports" of the students who have trained under him. And, while you're doing that, be sure and check out the backgrounds of some of the students.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I like a lot of his ideas. There is validation of many of my personal thoughts.

Whether or not I liked someone, if they had a history of bullets coming their way, I would most certainly listen to them. Everybody wants to be an armchair quarterback. It seems like he might have a little experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links