Position Sul - Page 2

Position Sul

This is a discussion on Position Sul within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bill MO jd, my experience with sul is with training with SI and it makes sense to me from what I've seen ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Position Sul

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    jd, my experience with sul is with training with SI and it makes sense to me from what I've seen and be taught.

My experience with trying to change some instructors minds on what and how they teach is, it's not going to happen. (he seems to be one of those my way is best, if I didn't think of it it's wrong) May I suggest you take what you like from this guy and dump the rest. Let him keep teaching what he knows and thinks to be great and move on.

The main thing here is DO YOU like sul and do you think it is the best way to go with your gun handling in the situation you use it in. This AI is not the one in YOUR gunfight situation, let him handle his you take care of yours.
    Really great advice regarding instructors and taking the best. It's good to learn for others and apply that to your need and/or situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Doodle,
    the how's and why's are another thread. I prefaced the thread w/ the statement I was aware that some like it, some don't. And I'm cool w each person's individual choice.
    Not being a "thread on track Nazi", I just am well aware of what the potential is for this topic to take a hard left. Please accept my statement in the friendliest of intent, and with all due respect.

dan
    Well.... All right

yah, agreed. The more the other student of the workshop and I converse, the more it seems AI has sort of put himself in a position of "can't back down". So, I'm done.
    I sent him an email w page upon page of links to Sul dating at least 10yrs (at least as far as it being dubbed as such).

In that light, do you guys wanna see a thread along the lines of "Position SUL, like/ dislike? Useful/ fad?"

dan

Hey, Q!

Be a sweetie and shut this one down, and let's go ahead and open this topic up full throttle in a new thread.
    I just pretty well confirmed w the AI that trying to educate him with facts is a loosing proposition.

And only Doodle gets to post first in the new thread.

Thanks to all, I appreciate the input. but, for now, my interaction w this particular AI is done.

dan

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    smart move!
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Administrator
    As it was requested so shall it be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links