New Firearms School in Indiana

This is a discussion on New Firearms School in Indiana within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check this out, I have completed my NRA basic pistol course, and will be opening up my own firearms academy. We are operating out of ...

Thread: New Firearms School in Indiana

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

New Firearms School in Indiana

Check this out, I have completed my NRA basic pistol course, and will be opening up my own firearms academy. We are operating out of existing ranges at this time with plans to move into our own facility shortly.

www.facebook.com/HotLineFirearmsAcademy
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on completing your NRA Basic Pistol training. I assume you meant that you completed the Basic Pistol Instructors course. From one NRA instructor to another, a couple of things that might help you build your business.

Most become NRA certified because that meets the requirements of many states as a qualified instructor. Truth is, Basic pistol is "See Spot Run" and in order to provide any form of defensive training that has any hope of keeping someone alive, you must move much farther down the road than 5 shots on a target with no time restrictions. Personal Protection in and out of the home are the minimal to introduce SD into training.

Develop your training courses and let your Facebook audience know what is available. Better yet, spend a few dollars and get your own domain and website so you can stop using gmail. Not criticizing, just saying that there are a ton of fly-by-night trainers who have little or nothing to give a student. Don't appear to be one of them.

I have no idea what your background is. Whether it is military or LEO, keep in mind that your students will never travel to the sand box or go chasing bad guys down the block. Help them by providing the knowledge and skills to protect themselves, their family, or others from a lethal attack.

There could be a long list but I'll give just couple more: Learning is perishable and should be continual. Always keep learning, always take as much training as you can afford. Always push yourself to become a better instructor.

Hoping all your training aspirations come to fruition.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    There are a lot of adults here ( we DON'T belong to facebook/twitter/my space) If you have some local info, i am also in Indy I would live to hear about, but not enough to join a social site.

Links