Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other - Page 2

Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other

This is a discussion on Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Sounds like a Simunitions (ammo) type experience. Strange, though, that they're relying on replacement equipment for customer weapons. Can't imagine the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sounds like a Simunitions (ammo) type experience.

Strange, though, that they're relying on replacement equipment for customer weapons. Can't imagine the amount of inventory they'd need to have on-hand to support whatever firearms came in the door.
    Great concept, love the idea,.... that is alarming and concerning to me that they are modifying a carry weapon {After all if the point is to train, why would you train with a weapon that doesn't get carried?}

EDITED: Looks like simunition only offers training to LE/Military in the states, that I could find anyway. shucks.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Re: Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other

Hate to burst everyone's bubble here.. Combat City will rent AIR SOFT guns. Or, you can bring your own.

There is no alteration of existing guns. It's laser tag.. All over again. With plastic bbs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It's value it is dependent on the instructor. If it is scenario driven with an instructor telling you what you did right and wrong, it has value (read that as a Suarez FOF class). If not, it's just a game and should be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Hate to burst everyone's bubble here.. Combat City will rent AIR SOFT guns. Or, you can bring your own.

There is no alteration of existing guns. It's laser tag.. All over again. With plastic bbs.
    On the Combat City USA website is this link for Combat Shooting Sports, which says they do the alteration of real guns, etc.

Re: Orlando gun range allows customers to shoot at each other

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    On the Combat City USA website is this link for Combat Shooting Sports, which says they do the alteration of real guns, etc.
    On this site. The one you're on right now, there are links to gun dealers, manufacturers, and ammo dealers and manufacturers. DC does not sell guns or ammo.

Combat city is an entertainment venue. For the whole family. Simunitions and 3rd graders don't mix.

The first media outlet to print a correction was huffington post.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I've done the paintball thing once. It was fun and those things sting.

Learned about suppressive fire too. Some guy had a fully automatic paint ball gun and boy did it keep heads down!
    +1 here to

I have already been shot at enough
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    On this site. The one you're on right now, there are links to gun dealers, manufacturers, and ammo dealers and manufacturers. DC does not sell guns or ammo.

Combat city is an entertainment venue. For the whole family. Simunitions and 3rd graders don't mix.

The first media outlet to print a correction was huffington post.
    Your point about links on DC to gun dealers, etc. is not the same thing. Combat City and Combat Shooting Sports are at the same address in Winter Park, FL and owned by the same company. The Combat Shooting Sports website says, "You now have the opportunity to shoot other people with your real firearm and be shot. Yes, with a converted barrel you will be using what can be described as 'paintball' for your real pistol." As far as I can tell, the only point of confusion that needed to be cleared up is that Combat City is for airsoft/paintball and Combat Shooting Sports is for training with simunition.

they have 12 guage kits

we used a 12 guage shotgun there last week. one customer wanted to practice protecting their home with a skeet gun

We did the concealed carry course there. got it on Groupon.
    They do airsoft during the weekend. During the week they do firearm training. The simunition kit was put on my Glock 22 .40 cal and I used my lower and laser for the class. The employees were in protective suits and we did scenario training. At first I did not believe we would use real guns but we did, it only took a second for a slide swap to a blue one.
    The ammo is pricey at $35 a box but our Groupon came with 25 rounds and it was enough.

I can say from experience that nothing teaches proper tactics and use of cover like force on force training with sim guns. Getting shot with them hurts, BAD, and when you've been hit once, it becomes very realistic.

thats pretty cool. id like to try that. good realistic practice. ill just make my own some day. would be cheaper then going their 4 or 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Great concept, love the idea,.... that is alarming and concerning to me that they are modifying a carry weapon {After all if the point is to train, why would you train with a weapon that doesn't get carried?}

EDITED: Looks like simunition only offers training to LE/Military in the states, that I could find anyway. shucks.
    I took a Force on Force course using simunition offered through my local firearms instructor. He's one of the few in the country authorized to use simunition for civilian training. It was awesome and eye opening.

It's interesting.As long as there are no real bullets.I know what one of those feels like.I'm good,lol.

I have done Paint Ball with Full Auto Guns in the late 1990's at a Mount Camp 2x in Florida and Air Soft with Suarez in Extreme Close GunFighting course. The class starts with you and someone in a duel. Draw and shoot and not get hit. Lot's of ways to get better on this as the class goes on. We had communications between all of our 5 SWAT team members at the Mount camp and ruled the roost!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links