What's the Word on the LaserLyte Gear for Training

This is a discussion on What's the Word on the LaserLyte Gear for Training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I preparing to submit my "Xmas List" to wife and kids and ma stuck on the fence about whether to ask for LaserLyte's .45 ACP ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sher Khan

Thread: What's the Word on the LaserLyte Gear for Training

I preparing to submit my "Xmas List" to wife and kids and ma stuck on the fence about whether to ask for LaserLyte's .45 ACP laser cartridge or their "Universal" unit which will fit cenerfire pistols 9mm - .45. I currently have a full size 1911 chambered .45 ACP, but have plans to acquire a compact 9mm for CCW.

The "Universal" would seem to be a no-brainer except that it is inserted into the muzzle and remains poking out a bit (maybe 1/4" ??). I'm worried that this might cause problems when practicing "from the holster" dry-fire drills.

Does anyone have experience with the LaserLyte gear and have recommendations?

Jim

I have the LaserLyte training cartridges (.380, 9mm, and .45ACP) and the training target. The cartridge requires re-cocking after each shot for single-action and striker-fired handguns, but that's an opportunity to practice malfunction drills and racking the slide. With SA/DA pistols like the Bersa Thunder CC I can fire repeated shots with the training cartridge. I figure I have saved more than the costs in ammunition by using them for dry firing practice over the past few months, and my ability to acquire sights and shoot has increased noticeably. I like being able to practice around the house, and in bad weather. I also like being able to draw and fire from holsters, which cannot be done at some ranges. I recommend you try at least the cartridge to start with, and the target as well if you can do so.
    jeremyw501 likes this.

Ditto Sher's comments- $ well spent.

Links