How do we stop all this mass shooting - Page 3

How do we stop all this mass shooting

This is a discussion on How do we stop all this mass shooting within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TX is correct: this school was not targeted randomly. He had a reason, and no amount of reason from others was going to convince him ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: How do we stop all this mass shooting

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    TX is correct: this school was not targeted randomly. He had a reason, and no amount of reason from others was going to convince him to stop.

Consider this story, the best link to which I could find was in Wikipedia.

A determined mass murderer is going to kill a lot of people if there is no one there to stop them.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Bark'n, I heard he was buzzed through locked doors to enter with no problems. Most likely because he was know and his mom worked there.
    If true, then it highlights an access problem at the entry points. Can't imagine why a ~20yr old non-educator at that school has any purpose whatsoever coming near 6yr olds during school hours, certainly not while unaccompanied, certainly not while toting a backpack/vest/whatever full of god-knows-what. Procedures were fatally lacking, here, on this score.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 16th, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: clarification
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If true, then it highlights an access problem at the entry points. Can't imagine why a ~20yr old has any purpose whatsoever coming near 6yr olds during school hours, certainly not while unaccompanied, certainly not while toting a backpack/vest/whatever full of god-knows-what. Procedures were fatally lacking, here, on this score.
    The state governor is basically saying he shot his way through locked doors and blaming the dreaded assault weapon as the tool used.
    shooterX likes this.

"Don't start none, won't be none!"

This is a good start in my book:

ccw9mm, Bark'n, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Bark'n, I heard he was buzzed through locked doors to enter with no problems. Most likely because he was know and his mom worked there.

The problem we face to me is the no-gun zones but to each his own.
    I agree with the "gun free" zones deal. It's obvious that staff, faculty, and students (in the colleges and universities) should be allowed to carry concealed with lawful ccw permits. But I don't see that happening as a reality. Short of that, the outlines in my post will work to the largest extent.

Of course the locked doors won't stop everyone, and a determined person can circumvent that. As this guy apparently did, because he was "known" to the school. In fact, he was a parent of a student too, if I'm not mistaken, so that's going to happen. But the locked doors and controlled access is only one component. That is why you need to train the entire faculty and student body how to respond once an active shooter is already inside and shooting. You can't just have locked doors and call it good. Schools need to incorporate an entire security system in place. Be a hardened target with controlled access, but also trained on-site responders which encompasses the entire staff and student body.

But again, I agree that the "gun free" zone mentality needs to be abolished. In an email I got yesterday from Mas Ayoob, he wrote: "After the Ma’alot massacre in 1974, Israel instituted a policy in which volunteer school personnel, parents, and grandparents received special training from the civil guard, and were seeded throughout the schools armed with discreetly concealed 9mm semiautomatic pistols. Since that time, there has been no successful mass murder at an Israeli school, and every attempt at such has been quickly shortstopped by the good guys’ gunfire, with minimal casualties among the innocent. Similar programs are in place in Peru and the Phillippines, with similarly successful results."

He also pointed out the higher ups, and powers in charge in this country are too "politically correct" to even contemplate having such an effective program here in our schools. Having responsible people with guns inside the schools... why, that's just crazy talk.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ex Member
    All these socially awkward 20-25 year olds that spend their lives in moms basement playing video games get their 15 minutes by shooting up schools, malls, Temples, Congressman, and movie theaters. Sure there have been others but the last 5-6 have been white, 20-25, no wives, no girlfriends, no job, no friends. Logic would seem that with the number of returning Vets some would be in that group but all these guys seem to be the wannabes we see at gun shows dressed in full cammo, and filling gun sites writing about zombies.
    Killing innocent people gives them their chance at 15 minutes of attention that they are starved for. DON'T MENTION THEIR NAMES and it WILL drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    When did a sign ever stop a mentally ill person from committing a crime ?
    Whenever it was that the criminal had as much sense as those who put up the sign.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If a BG wants to strike, he/she will find a way. There is no definite solution, but we just need to do what we can to make ourselves a hard target.

I'm with the arming school administrators and, how about, responsible journalism. Quit sensationalizing these events. I read elsewhere that suicides mostly aren't reported in the news to prevent copycatting. Maybe the same should apply to these shootings - but wait, that would infringe on the 1st Amend rights, but wait ...............
    1 old 0311 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Interstingly in the Ct case, both the principal and the school psychologist were killed as they literally confronted this little **** and tried to stop him. You cannot but think that if either had a gun and had competency with same, they could have killed him and prevented the complete ensuing bloodshed.

VIP Member
    How do we stop all this mass shooting?

We can't. We can only prepare, and I think the best way to mitigate the carnage is to allow people to arm themselves.

Nothing present day is the cause. Some people are just mentally ill, evil, depraved, or an amalgam of all things bad. It's been that way since we figured out how to make fire, I suspect.

So we start focusing on the mentally ill?? Are the first responders and LEO'S that responded to this act and all the other acts are traumatized and need to seek help from a mental health professional do we take their guns away? PTSD is a mental illness I wonder how many SWAT team members and special victims officers and all those others are mentally ill?

Just another .02 cents worth

There was the crazy guy in 1927 , who killed the most kids and teachers in USA history ... when he started blowing up the school. No guns involved.

The "assumption" that crazies only use guns.... is crazy. They don't. Take every gun in the world and lock it up, or dump it in the ocean, and it will stop NOTHING. Psychopaths and Sociopaths, will find the means and they ways to accomplish whatever it they want to do. You will only eliminate the means for regular people to protect themselves FROM them.

And the later is the answer, as far as schools...... allow teachers how have CCL's to carry, put in armed SO's in the schools, and do all that you can. It will still occur, it always has .... and it is happening in numerous countries, not just the USA. It's occurred several times in Russia as well. At least then, someone can either stop them.... or end the carnage quickly if someone starts trying to kill kids, teachers, etc.

I agree with the old Retired New York Chief....... hire retired LEO"s, and others (School officers - SO's) ....... arm them, and have them at the schools on top of the other security measures you can take.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsor

Exclamation

I was looking up mass shooting reports, and saw that the Colorado theatre was the only one of either 5 or 7 that was posted online as being gun-free and I believe that the Oregon mall was also listed as being gun-free. These creeps want to rack up a big bodycount, so they head for what they consider to be a "safe haven".
    EXACTLY…

Actually, today I was talking to one of my Instructors who was in the command Center (on the scene) at the theater in CO.

And yes, there were like 6-7 other theaters MUCH CLOSER to where the BG lived. But he didn’t choose them, WHY??

Because the theater he chose was a GUN FREE ZONE (which means it's a safe work environment for criminals).
    Last edited by DRM; December 18th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links