How do we stop all this mass shooting

This is a discussion on How do we stop all this mass shooting within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TX expat Ummm. That's one way to look at it, I guess. Saying it's not his agenda, given his history, is a ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: How do we stop all this mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Ummm. That's one way to look at it, I guess.

Saying it's not his agenda, given his history, is a hair bit disingenuous IMO.
    Since he's been elected President I've not heard him say one thing about wanting to ban guns. I've only heard him say he supports 2A. It was however, disingenuous of the NRA to paint the picture that as soon as he was elected he would take our guns away because of his "agenda" to ban guns. Didn't happen. The FACT is he didn't do any such thing proves it wasn't his 'hidden' agenda as some want so desperately to believe. Now it's BOTH Liberals AND Conservatives calling on him to enact an AWB. So again, it's NOT some 'hidden' agenda it's now public pressure.

I'll go one step further. I'd bet he wishes he didn't have to make any legislation on guns and these shooting massacres never happened in the first place and that all the victims were still alive and well and celebrating Christmas day with their families.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

Re: How do we stop all this mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Since he's been elected President I've not heard him say one thing about wanting to ban guns. I've only heard him say he supports 2A. It was however, disingenuous of the NRA to paint the picture that as soon as he was elected he would take our guns away because of his "agenda" to ban guns. Didn't happen. The FACT is he didn't do any such thing proves it wasn't his 'hidden' agenda as some want so desperately to believe. Now it's BOTH Liberals AND Conservatives calling on him to enact an AWB. So again, it's NOT some 'hidden' agenda it's now public pressure.

I'll go one step further. I'd bet he wishes he didn't have to make any legislation on guns and these shooting massacres never happened in the first place and that all the victims were still alive and well and celebrating Christmas day with their families.
    I think he "wants" to do what is politically advantageous. In IL that was to be anti-gun. Until recently, at the national level, that was to not be anti-gun.
    zacii likes this.

I don't doubt that he wishes the shootings never happened, but he made no secret that he wanted to reinstate the AWB.

And, he doesn't have to make any new legislation at all. He and his party are not gonna let this opportunity to disarm their peasants pass by.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member

Obama is a political hack, that's all his inaction really proves. He knew that as much as he did do with healthcare and all the turmoil surrounding his administration, if he had made any "gun control" noise before his re-election, he'd have had a much tougher fight and might have even lost. And yeah, he's happy to use the public opinion when it suits him, but saying that he's only doing it because of public opinion is inaccurate. He wouldn't jump on board if it was just public opinion; he's perfectly OK with the gun control agenda.

He has no problem with gun control as long as it won't hurt his political chances. He's been on record, during his time as a Senator, as being against concealed carry as well as for strict firearms ownership laws. He supported the DC ban on firearms; I'd say that says something about where he leans and he did vote to allow people to file lawsuits against gun manufacturers when their guns were used by criminals in criminal acts. Once again, he's fairly careful to pick his battles and maintain his viability as a candidate above just about anything else.

I'm not saying he's some rabid anti-gun nut, because I don't believe he is; but I do believe he is anti-firearms in general. I do think he would be more than happy to sign into law any, and every, gun law that Congress set on his desk though. He's at the end of his reign in terms of being elected for anything, so you'll see more about what he's about now then you ever have before.
    Last edited by TX expat; December 25th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

PM
    Just wondering "what does O's agenda have to do with 'How do we stop all this mass shooting '?"

Sponsor

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    Just wondering "what does O's agenda have to do with 'How do we stop all this mass shooting '?"
    Nothing...

Neither B.O., the Dem's or the RINO's care a damn thing about stopping the mass murders of innocents.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Shooting Coach & Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    Nothing...

Neither B.O., the Dem's or the RINO's care a damn thing about stopping the mass murders of innocents.
    Unfortunately, this is the cold, stark reality of it all. And nothing will change it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    Nothing...

I, ah, don't think that's true. "Not caring" is certainly not the same as "have no good ideas on what to do".

Rampages are what, one in a million type events? There're almost no good ideas on how to reduce their number that don't seem like massive policy overkill during the 99.9999% of the time where nothing is happening. In addition, it's a scenario where you only recognise failures. The headlines never read "madman failed to get easy access to a gun before rampage" or "timely hug from a priest dissuades man from using a bombvest in two days", right?
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

Multiple layers of protection and response.Start with those in care of children.Teachers, coaches,janitorial and administration.Have better drills and exit plans.No longer teach the old nuclear war get under your desk routine.Teach about cover and concealment.Then branch out the layers to involve parents.Some sort of visitors center part of the school where parents can come in see their child and while at the same time be someone who is able to properly respond to an incident.Then of course the obvious layer of protection local specialized police who can and will respond fast and go immediately into the building to engage the perp.

What has been lost and is often ignored is parental involvement somehow.Where parents who choose can take the nessassary training and play a role of protection.And no one seems to speak about the obvious people who should be armed and trained.The teachers,coaches,janitorial,and administration folks. The response of police would be what? 7-10 minutes.If there are folks on scene those minutes could be shortened or cut in half.

None of this has to be militaristic with barb wire tower guards are high walls. With techonology and better concealment technics there would be ways to reduce any percieved impact by students.

I went to an American school in the middle east when i was a kid and we had armed army soliders guarding our schools with a layer of local uniform police.I didn't feel scared or weirded out and no one i knew ever said anything about them. Well once a beat cop was walking in front of the entrance with his hands in his pockets and tripped.But that is a whole other story ...I think i felt more safe there if anything. Army guys with automatic rifles,i figured no idiot would try anything around here.But mostly i never gave it much thought it was natural. And i was coming from a beach town in California.But those were the old days where a kid could point with their finger and go bang bang without being suspended for criminal threats.

Last but not least making mental help more redily available.I don't know much about where the needs are but parents of troubled kids and teens should have places where they might get helped.

God bless the victims and families.

allow teachers to carry concealed. its the most logical, cheapest and most effective way of protecting our children.
    SigPapa226 likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links