Defensive Carry banner

Pilot program to train school personnel

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  brocktice 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'd like to see a few school systems initiate a comprehensive look at a defense program.

Ultimately, regardless of any Federal initiatives, State's rights will triumph and that is why I feel little trepidation towards impending 'blue ribbon' task force findings.

#3 ·
I'm providing free training to the teachers at my kid's school and so far the response is great.

The principal is considering some "modifications" to the emergency plan which now consists of "hide in the corner and hope you don't get shot". A plan I don't happen to support.

Reactions: darbo
#5 ·
Even if an armed teacher does not run toward the gun shots; they can stop the shooter as the shooter breeches the class rooom door.
Exactly.
That is what some of the opponents of arming teachers dont understand. Some of them say that they dont want the teachers to act as "cops" and then maintain that they stay unarmed,but we see how well that has worked for us.

If a teacher did nothing but stay in class with their students and protect the door, that would be a serious improvement over what we have now.
Even if a teacher took cover behind a corner and protected a hallway, that act could protect a whole wing, a whole section of the school.

#7 ·
Considering the principal and psychiatrist (psychologist?) in Newtown ran toward the gunshots unarmed, maybe we (or others) are not giving them enough credit
Most of the teachers that I know would do that.

On the other hand, you cant assume anyone would actually do that, I dont think they even they could tell you that they would.

Even so, staying in one spot guarding a door with agun is better than what we are doing now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.