Speed. Its essential to your health. - Page 3

Speed. Its essential to your health.

This is a discussion on Speed. Its essential to your health. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The average male in average condition can cover that 21 feet in about two seconds +-. It's good if you can draw and put at ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Speed. Its essential to your health.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    The average male in average condition can cover that 21 feet in about two seconds +-. It's good if you can draw and put at least one hit center mass in that time, if you can't, you might have a problem.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Yes, I have done the Tueller Drill in less than 2 seconds from "Street Gear'. They did hurt in the FOF drill as there was a lot of getting off the X and bladeing to the incoming warrior who had his OODA loop reset many times while taking 5 shots to the torso and missing me with 4 shots. Sorry folks but this is one of the best drills you can do with FOF. There are many other ways to do this and this web site can be your friend!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    My question to all (most have heard it before) Have you put your training and practice to the test of FOF? If not you don't know it a chance of working in real life.

GeorgiaShooter, while your training look good and you are what most would call fast. I question your not taking hits against 2 BG with guns in hand and a 3rd would be bad.
    Yes, as Luis mentioned. We endlessly practice things to troubleshoot and debug. Not just to engrain. If I see a shooting caught on video at a gas station, we go to the range and test it. I learn a lot about what works, or doesn't. Most of our practice is based on breaking our skills and finding holes. I've shot scenarios with 4,5,6 bad guys and we adjust accordingly. Honestly some scenarios you would probably die in real life. But several of those sons of bitches are going down with me while my family escapes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links