Want to know how well you would do?

This is a discussion on Want to know how well you would do? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always kept up with training how to shoot well. And so when I agreed to go play Nerf Wars with a bunch of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AdamSean

Thread: Want to know how well you would do?

Want to know how well you would do?

I have always kept up with training how to shoot well. And so when I agreed to go play Nerf Wars with a bunch of college students in a 3 floor dorm, I thought, "I am going to smoke you guys." WRONG!!!! These guys who have run up and down these halls for a couple of years are used to engaging targets and making hits. It is true that we were only using Nerf guns with foam darts, but the point is constant training. After all, my kung fu instructor taught us how to take a knife from an attacker without getting cut by giving his 2 year old a marker and telling us to take it from her without getting marked up.

I am considering starting a group here locally that will get together once a week at different locations to train with Airsoft guns in hopes that we can keep at a level of consistency that will be a benifit in our shooting skills.
    blanco64 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I'm a strong advocate of getting as much practice as you can in scenarios that somewhat simulate the real world. It's a lot harder than standing at a bench shooting at still paper targets.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I have been saying for some time. All other training falls short without putting it against others in some type of FOF. You can't tell what does and doesn't work without testing it.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Links