It's been awhile, but I have introduced a new generation to competition shooting.....

This is a discussion on It's been awhile, but I have introduced a new generation to competition shooting..... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently I introduced my 11-year old son Nathan to the sport of 3-gun shooting, and he loved it...... I started him off on a night ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By edr9x23super

Thread: It's been awhile, but I have introduced a new generation to competition shooting.....

It's been awhile, but I have introduced a new generation to competition shooting.....

Recently I introduced my 11-year old son Nathan to the sport of 3-gun shooting, and he loved it...... I started him off on a night match my friend Ted Bonnet held here in San Antonio before the holidays. Nate started off with my XD Tactical .45 and then transitioned to the AR-15, a Stag model 8. he needed a little help getting the rifle for obvious reasons, but the thing that made me beam with pride was not the fact that he shot the stage clean with all his hits, but the fact that when handed the rifle........

He kept his finger OUT of the trigger guard until he was ready to engage the targets, proving he paid attention to his Dad !!! Here is the Youtube link:

Nate shoots his first 2-gun night stage - YouTube

Enjoy !
    Rock and Glock and Exacto like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

awright !
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Good job!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Way to go Dad!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Very nice and great job!
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Thanks. In the spring I am going to get Nate his first handgun which is probably going to be a G17 or something simple to start off with. Currently I am working on the shotgun we are going to use, an AKDAL MK 1919. I picked up 2 10-round magazines for it and we are still breaking it in right now. Look for more on this project in the future as well. The general plan is to have a couple of good ARs, plenty of handguns and of course Mr. AKDAL ready for me and the boys (there are 3 of them) to start hitting the circuit on 3-gun matches......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

clc
    Very cool. Awesome

Links