Hickok45 range questions

Hickok45 range questions

This is a discussion on Hickok45 range questions within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK...everyone has seen his compound range....and drooled...so my question is about the swinging cutouts....what are they made out of and about what would they cost......I ...

Thread: Hickok45 range questions

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Hickok45 range questions

OK...everyone has seen his compound range....and drooled...so my question is about the swinging cutouts....what are they made out of and about what would they cost......I think he has 5" circles, and 7" circles, some squares and some upper body cutouts.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Tempered steel plate......3/8" to 1/2" I would guess.......somewhat costly to have flame cut at a steel fab. shop.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I would quess ar500 or 550 steel for a hand gun round at that hardness 5/16" would work or, if your gonna shoot it with a rifle I'd go with 3/8-1/2 " Plate at ar550.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

He talks about the company he buys them from, but I've forgotten now. He does answer private messages on youtube though. I do know you want steel that wont crater from the impact, not just any regular steel plates will do.

Heres one company. They sponsor some youtube giveaways too. Challenge Targets

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    OK...everyone has seen his compound range....and drooled...so my question is about the swinging cutouts....what are they made out of and about what would they cost......I think he has 5" circles, and 7" circles, some squares and some upper body cutouts.
    TacStrike Steel Target Systems here's another good one.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I would say it is ar500 steel. One of my shooting buddies is a nationally recognized welding teacher. He made me a target of AR400, good for all pistol rounds. He took one out and shot it with a .308, thing looked like swiss cheese. AR500 is what will withstand many, small rifle rounds, .223, .308 etc.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    TacStrike Steel Target Systems here's another good one.
    They have some weird paper scenario targets. Like "female cop"

This company is offering 20% off there steel targets for a short time. If you don't want to watch the video, you can see the website and discount code to use in the video description.

Nutnfancy SHOT 2013: AT's Rimfire Targets - YouTube

Sponsored Links