Need help with a problem

This is a discussion on Need help with a problem within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned my firearm, Glock 23, for about 6 months now and try to get to the range at least once a week. During ...

Thread: Need help with a problem

Need help with a problem

I have owned my firearm, Glock 23, for about 6 months now and try to get to the range at least once a week. During a normal range visit I will shoot between 100-250 rounds. I have taken 2 classes (so far) at the range, one being OK SDA to get my permit and another pistol skills class. I will be taking more in the near future.

My problem is this. My shot groups are fairly tight (within a couple of inches for a 5 shot group), but they are all low and to the right of point of aim. I am not sure what I am doing to cause this and it is a fairly consistant pattern each time I fire. It happens regardless of distance to target (normally 7-15 yards). I am a LEFT HANDED shooter.

Any guidance or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Sounds like you may be pushing in anticipation of recoil....
    Try some dry firing exercises with a coin on top of the slide immediately to the rear of the front sight....
    The goal is to pull through without dropping the coin...
    Also having a light mounted is another good way to practice by keeping the beam as fixed as possible while pulling....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    try looking at http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ghlight=target if memory serves me right the shooter there was right handed , so just mirror the image for left .. hope that helps .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    These diag's can help - at least a guide to what might be happening. I would inquire tho too - if you have right forefinger round front of trigger guard - it can pull shots to that side IMO.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Beat me to it, Chris!

I used the above targets to identify a similiar shooting issue. Good luck!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

as the pic shows its a trigger finger issue usually not enough trigger finger and slapping the trigger especially if you haven't put a ton of rounds though a glock took me awhile to work this out when i got a glock .. I'm a lefty too

Links