Suarez International Combat Pistol Marksmanship course

This is a discussion on Suarez International Combat Pistol Marksmanship course within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Sunday I went to the SI Combat Pistol Marksmanship course in Columbia SC. 8 hours course starting at 9am. Alex Nieuwland taught the class ...

Thread: Suarez International Combat Pistol Marksmanship course

Suarez International Combat Pistol Marksmanship course

Last Sunday I went to the SI Combat Pistol Marksmanship course in Columbia SC. 8 hours course starting at 9am. Alex Nieuwland taught the class and did a very good job. This class included the basics of safety and how to draw safely from your OWB holster. We learned how to clear jams such as stovepipes, doublefeeds, etc. Of course, we did plenty of target practice. Our set up at the Mid Carolina Rifle Club was in an area surrounded by tall berms. We shot at 3" bulleyes and also head shots, from 3 yards, 5 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards. Above are my shots from 10 yards. We brought our own lunches and had plenty of time to ask him questions. This course also serves as a precursor to Close Range Gunfighting, which is a 2 day course. All in all, I had a good time. I came away feeling more confident in carrying a gun OWB, drawing, shooting, and handling.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

2. Remove Ads

I have taken a few SI classes and all have been excellent.

Links