Short Course Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Short Course Recommendations? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I\'d like to hear some recommendations from folks who have taken some short courses (two or three days). I\'d like to spend a week somewhere ...

Thread: Short Course Recommendations?

Short Course Recommendations?

I\'d like to hear some recommendations from folks who have taken some short courses (two or three days). I\'d like to spend a week somewhere but it looks like short courses will be the best I can do for a while.

Anyone care to comment on a good two or three day course they have taken and what they liked about it? Thanks.

SSKC

2. Remove Ads

Farnam and Givens. Marshall\'s Hoot & Shoot.

The people attending and the instructors.:)

Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics. He\'s out of Nashville, TN, but holds classes over most of the country. Most classes offered are of the 2-3 day (intense) variety. Some classes that build on each other are offered consecutivly. Check out his \'class schedule'to see where/when he is holding classes near you. Also, be sure to check out his qualifications page so you have a better idea of his background and if it will apply to what you want to learn. As David Armnstrong has pointed out earlier, its all about what you are after.
    http://www.cumberlandtactics.com

Dan

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    www.warriormindset.com

Their 2 day tac pistol course is widely regarded as one of the best in the industry. As an alum i can tell you it is comprehensive and will start you on an irreversable course towards training addiction.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The best answers will depend a lot on what you are looking to learn!

I attended Jim Crews 3-day (28 hours on the range) class <http://www.marksmans.com/> in June 2004 and became an addict. I learned more from Jim and the folks that brought him to the Nashua, NH area in those 3 days than I learned in 28 years of shooting (including pointers from record-holding target shooters and police qualification for 17 years).

The same group is bringing Randy Cain, Gabe Suarez and Jeff Gonzales to the Nashua, NH area for training in 2005. http://www.neshooters.com/

All of the above are trainers for defensive tactics. Some of it is useful even for target shooting. But nothing that I learned from target shooters was useful in defensive tactics!!

Links