Suarez International Trauma Med for the CCW Operator

This is a discussion on Suarez International Trauma Med for the CCW Operator within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm signed up for the June 8-9 class in Gadsden Alabama. This class will teach you how to treat a gunshot or knife wound to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Suarez International Trauma Med for the CCW Operator

I'm signed up for the June 8-9 class in Gadsden Alabama.

This class will teach you how to treat a gunshot or knife wound to yourself or family member if you are injured in a fight. It could also be helpful in a non-weapons related injury.

It's taught by Dr. John Meade, who co-authored the book "Beating The Reaper" on the same subject.

Looking forward to learning a lot form this class.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I was in one of John's classes last summer in IA very good class. Will open ones eyes as to why it makes sense to have a few medical things on ones person. If you do need them you don't have time to go somewhere to get them.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I've taken two classes with John as a fellow student.

It will be my first time under him as an instructor.

Sounds like a worth while class. Let us know how it goes...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Cop Saved By TQ

^ The kind of things you will learn in this class ^

Only it could be your wife or child instead of LE partner

Based on current events this week, this would seem to be a very worthwhile course.

After "tactical", "operator" has to be the most abused term in the English language.

Probably a good class with good stuff to know, but is there really a need to Walter Mitty it up?
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    After "tactical", "operator" has to be the most abused term in the English language.

Bullseye.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    No matter the word use to describe the course what it teaches is that which if you need it you better have what you need with you and know how to use it. Because calling 911 will get you and EMT only after the LEO shows. EMT will not come to your aid before LE clears the scene which is minutes away while you may only have seconds.

You may win the fight only to lose in the end because you didn't know all you needed to know.

But there is those here who think the sight of the gun will make the BG run. So why train in the uses of a gun let alone how to patch yourself up after the fight. (which will never happen)
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Ok...since there are a couple of folks that are pushing PC, I vote to change the title of the thread to: "How peckerheads can patch the holes if gouged with a rusty blade or punctured with hunks of lead".... Dang, I shudda been a writer!!!
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Yeah, everybody wants to jump out of flaming helicopters and burn a thousand rounds in a day from their belt fed gun....but being able to apply direct pressure and tie a tourniquet or splint a broken bone will probably be far more useful skills for them to have in every day life.

If you called it..."Saving someone from bleeding to death" no one would show up because that doesn't sound...wait for it...."TACTICAL".... enough.

Seriously though, this is stuff that works even if you are unarmed. It works in places that guns are not available. It works pretty much anywhere. Yard work accident? Check. Boy scout camping trip accident? Check. Car wreck? Check.North Hollywood style bank robbery? Check. Boston Marathon bombing? Check. Straight up 9/11 or Mumbai style MAJOR terrorist attack? Check. You may or may not be able to do anything to stop the event from happening...but if you are still alive and conscious you can probably render aid to the injured...or you can merely be a spectator. Guess which one will sleep better at night......
    ScottM likes this.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Looks like modified TCCC training.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Looks like modified TCCC training.
    I'm sure there are those of you who don't need a course like this. Many of us do:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John Meade
    The SI Trauma Medicine family of classes will teach you all the info that is taught in the various military classes (Combat Lifesaver up to TCCC), plus much more. In my classes, you will incorporate live fire and team tactics. You start with TMCO, which emphasizes the lone guy protecting himself in a CCW situation. Progress to ATM, with much more involved medical procedures. Culminate with TCCM, which is my version of TCCC, but even more radical.
    Here is a review of the class as taught recently by Dr. Keith Seto:

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator with Keith Seto

How often is tactical medicine training is taught by trauma surgeons?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I'm sure there are those of you who don't need a course like this. Many of us do:Here is a review of the class as taught recently by Dr. Keith Seto:

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator with Keith Seto

Instead of reading into my comment, let me explain.

TCCC training is awesome for folks to have, as it not only trains 'how tos' but the 'when-tos'

Relax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links