Women On Target

This is a discussion on Women On Target within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TC's and Instructors, I just finished a 'Women On Target' class today. If any of you haven't done one of these yet, you owe it ...

Thread: Women On Target

Women On Target

TC's and Instructors,
    I just finished a 'Women On Target' class today. If any of you haven't done one of these yet, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. We had 11 women with little or no previous handgun training whatsoever. I went over the basics of pistol shooting, spent an hour on the "Laser Shot' simulator doing sight alignment and trigger control exercises.........then we went out on the range. I armed them with a variety of 22 cal. handguns. All 11 of them were busting the x-ring with no problems or bad habits. I actually had fun watching them have fun. The State of Ohio just gained 11 more converts to our cause today. As a surprise to them we set up 11 balloons out at about 50 ft. 2 of which had gift certs. inside good for an hour of free range time as well as an instructor to go along with it. They each shot till they hit a balloon. It was a big hit (no pun intended). We now have 11 women ready to sign up for Basic Pistol and CCW classes!!

Jim

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Great news Jim - I just love it when more ladies get brought in. Our Pax - member here - is very active in this field.

I enjoyed teaching a good many ladies on the last Personal Protection course I was teaching on - most tho not all - benefitted greatly. One or two however were not really up to it - but that was in itself useful as they could see their limitations.

Overall I am of the opinion that many ladies do extraordinarily well with shooting - often better than the guys and .... they don't usually seem to have any ''macho'' issues to work out

Let's hear it for the ladies
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Very nice. in this day and age of equality, women should take an active part in their own self defense. (among other things).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Congrats...

on this type of course. I really like to see more women assert themselves with self-defense strategies...weapons included!

Many women have gone target shooting, but have not gone any further.

My wife's CCW class was an eye opener for her...and she has been making big strides (for her) during the last 3 years.
    If fact, TODAY, was the first time she left the house without me (for a trip to the local mall) armed...I was 'bedazzled'...but thrilled...we're getting there!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links