Texas Handgun Academy?

This is a discussion on Texas Handgun Academy? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know what the deal is with them? I keep seeing their ads everywhere lately, they charge like $100 for a CHL, which is really ...

Thread: Texas Handgun Academy?

Texas Handgun Academy?

Anyone know what the deal is with them? I keep seeing their ads everywhere lately, they charge like $100 for a CHL, which is really cheap in this area. It says they run classes 7 days a week, maybe that's how they can charge that little. I looked up the address and it looks like it's in a strip mall in NE Dallas, seems kind of shady, anyone have better info? I have a friend that is looking to get his CHL, I can't send him where I went since the place burned down a couple months ago (tracers on indoor range).

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Anyone know what the deal is with them? I keep seeing their ads everywhere lately, they charge like $100 for a CHL, which is really cheap in this area. It says they run classes 7 days a week, maybe that's how they can charge that little. I looked up the address and it looks like it's in a strip mall in NE Dallas, seems kind of shady, anyone have better info? I have a friend that is looking to get his CHL, I can't send him where I went since the place burned down a couple months ago (tracers on indoor range).
    You might verify that it is a Texas CHL and not a Florida one. Several places are advertising either really cheap CHL's or 4 hour classes and are actually for Florida CHL's.

Quote Originally Posted by LawyerDagget View Post
    You might verify that it is a Texas CHL and not a Florida one. Several places are advertising either really cheap CHL's or 4 hour classes and are actually for Florida CHL's.
    No, it is TX and it's a 10 hour course. I just need a link of way to verify their DPS certification, I called Austin but couldn't get anyone. Their DPS range # is 057-0009.

VIP Member
    I went there for my Texas CHL course. It is located in a strip mall but that didn't bother me. I was very pleased with the training and the atmosphere. They have a range on site for the shooting qualification. There were about 10 people in my class and the instructor was knowledgeable and thorough. They also showed some good videos on concealment and holster options.
    Last edited by BenGoodLuck; April 26th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I teach at Texas Handgun Academy. I'llbe happy to answer any questions you have.

The School i took my CHL had a Groupon price of $49.00 and even though Groupon dropped any and all gun related items They (Sheepdog-Tactical, Stafford TX) gave that price for each the basic 101 handgun safety course (plus range time) and the 10 hour CHL (plus qualifying range time. I just had to supply the ammo) so for just under $100.00 I got two helpful classes. (I spent $10.00 on a cap, because they require wearing one at range, but It's schools Logo Cap)

Links