Importance of firing several guns before selection

This is a discussion on Importance of firing several guns before selection within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have been teaching a Safety-Selection course lately and the course does just that. We have surprises all the time but the biggest was a ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By threefeathers

Thread: Importance of firing several guns before selection

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Importance of firing several guns before selection

We have been teaching a Safety-Selection course lately and the course does just that. We have surprises all the time but the biggest was a 81 year old woman loving the Glock 26. We had decided that the only thing this woman could handle dafely was a .22 probably the Walther when she asked to fire the G26. We are apprehensive because she had failed with several others of the same caliber. She picked it up, we had to rack it for her, but she proceeded to put 10 rounds into the middle of the bulls eye at 7 yards. She properly dropped the magazine and reload and was able to work the slide release. She did the same thing. Her comment was, "Finally, a gun that fits my hands."
    Her husband will load and rack it for her, put it in a gunsafe by the bed, and I have no doubt she will give a warm welcome to anyone coming in the house. She lives about 20 miles from the Lukeville border, right in the middle of the drug route into the U S.
    Tirfup, dV8r, CamoMama and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I was out shooting a while back when a family who parked next to me struck up a conversation. The dad asked if he could try one of my Buffalo guns. I let him try a couple of target rounds and a full hunting round. His 12 year old daughter asked if she could try? I said yes, and had her stand up using shooting stix to lesson the recoil. After the first shot she looks up and asked if she could try a full house round! So you never know what people will like. DR

The Rules

The rules for hand gun choice are only 2:
    1. 9mm or bigger
    2. FITS YOUR HAND.

George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Links