Concealed Carry Drills Test

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Drills Test within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed Carry Drills Test - USA Carry The article discusses two easy-to-accomplish, hard-to-master drills: 1. 2-second drill: draw and fire one round in 2 seconds ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Concealed Carry Drills test

VIP Member

Concealed Carry Drills test

Concealed Carry Drills test - USA Carry

The article discusses two easy-to-accomplish, hard-to-master drills:

1. 2-second drill: draw and fire one round in 2 seconds or less, hitting an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper three yards away.

2. 5-second reload drill: Start with one round chambered and the empty magazine inserted in your gun. Draw and fire the round, reload, and fire as many rounds as you can within five seconds at an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper at five yards.

I carry a spare magazine in a magazine pouch in my front pocket. I'm wondering up front if I'll be able to make the 5 second deadline. I see the value of these drills as training me to quickly respond to a threat and to reload as quickly as possible to be able to keep engaging an active threat. I plan to work on these this week and will report back my results.

I know I have to practice, practice, practice, to build my skills and muscle memory.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

They are hard, but easy at the same time with lots of practice. IMO the times are the maximum that one should take to execute these drills. I would worry about the front pocket draw for the mag reload to. It might be of some benefit to find another location for the spare mag...
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I would worry about the front pocket draw for the mag reload to. It might be of some benefit to find another location for the spare mag...
    I've thought about that but I prefer tucking in my shirt and I don't like to carry the spare on my belt.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I've thought about that but I prefer tucking in my shirt and I don't like to carry the spare on my belt.
    Give your back pocket a try. I find it to work pretty good if you do not want anything on your belt..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    I carry the spare mag in a Remora magazine pouch and usually wear jeans. The pouch is in the left front pocket and always remains upright. The key is being able to reach into my pocket, get a good grip, and pull the mag out quickly. The Remora stays put.

I'll try the back pocket and see how that works.
    Ben

Try that with a moving target. Most cannot hit the first few times they try. People have a bad habit of moving when someone is shooting at them. We also have a bad habit of ducking and moving ourselves when people are shooting at us. You would be better off trying IDPA or USPSA competitions if you do not want to attend a force on force class. At least in competition you will have some stress on you and be moving and shooting in different situations. Just my advice.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Concealed Carry Drills test - USA Carry

The article discusses two easy-to-accomplish, hard-to-master drills:

2. 5-second reload drill: Start with one round chambered and the empty magazine inserted in your gun. Draw and fire the round, reload, and fire as many rounds as you can within five seconds at an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper at five yards.

I carry a spare magazine in a magazine pouch in my front pocket. I'm wondering up front if I'll be able to make the 5 second deadline. I see the value of these drills as training me to quickly respond to a threat and to reload as quickly as possible to be able to keep engaging an active threat. I plan to work on these this week and will report back my results.

I know I have to practice, practice, practice, to build my skills and muscle memory.
    You already know what you have to DO! If your preference is for carry in your front pocket, then you need to be able to access that magazine in a timely manner (PERIOD). Your tucked in shirt shouldn't cost you your LIFE. If it can, then you need to figure out an alternative mode of carrying the extra mag, or barring that, decide that you can drop the perp/s without an extra. JM2C

Links