Then we have to ask Is Seven Rounds Enough?

This is a discussion on Then we have to ask Is Seven Rounds Enough? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; title ask the question. YOU have to answer. Did you make the right choice? MB Studio Productions High Capacity Magazine PSA - YouTube...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Then we have to ask Is Seven Rounds Enough?

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Then we have to ask Is Seven Rounds Enough?

title ask the question. YOU have to answer. Did you make the right choice?

MB Studio Productions High Capacity Magazine PSA - YouTube
    Bad Bob and manolito like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

2. Remove Ads

Hahaha! Pretty cheesy video, but it gets the point across.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    that USPC was not fully loaded and clicked with the slide open but i get the point

when i first started carrying i did not carry a spare mag, i was content with my 8+1 of .45 in my 1911. when i had the PPS i carried a spare because it only held 6 and the meas were small and light. i currently have 12+1 of .40 in my P2000 and some times i carry a spare mag. at home i have lots of ammo loaded in mags ready to go. 5 mags for my Hk and 290 for my EBR.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Many people today don't seem to be able to actually think for themselves but respond favorably to packaged ideas or slogans presented in slick imagery. Hopefully this will get enough exposure to disturb the flock.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    that USPC was not fully loaded and clicked with the slide open but i get the point

when i first started carrying i did not carry a spare mag, i was content with my 8+1 of .45 in my 1911. when i had the PPS i carried a spare because it only held 6 and the meas were small and light. i currently have 12+1 of .40 in my P2000 and some times i carry a spare mag. at home i have lots of ammo loaded in mags ready to go. 5 mags for my Hk and 290 for my EBR.
    I think it's wise to carry at least one spare mag regardless of the capacity of your gun. The first reason you often hear is that the mag could fail, and this is true. The other reason I carry a spare is one that isn't always talked about; I've found in my research of the accounts of many shootings that in many cases, the GG ran the gun dry no matter how many rounds they had in the gun. You shoot til the threat stops, but very often a shooter will fire til all the ammo is gone. This seems to be done by rank novices and seasons LEOs alike. If you panic or get overly excited and do expend everything in the gun, best to have a reload.
    Snub44, MasterGadgets and 84160 like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Administrator
    The video did its job "visually" to help illustrate a point.
    I think that home type invasions by multiple bad guys will continue to increase.
    OD*, glockman10mm and NONAME762 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

That video was chocked full of lessons but it did get the point across. I just hope people see all the other things done wrong there. And the indicators, mistakes. First of all answer the door armed every single time you get up. In my house I would have also said our code word and everyone would have jumped into action getting down, or in case of my wife. She is armed also. We also shoot from cover, have extra mags and the last damned thing we are worried about is calling 911. We'll call 911 when we're finished punching tickets.

I still like this video. Picture worth a thousand rounds.
    Snub44, lionround and NONAME762 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It may be a cheesy video to some but, the sheep are easily influenced, do not look at the details and are not knowledgeable. As a good example, look what we have in the white house and congress. Need I say more?
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

"Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

I posted this a few days ago, but in a different context. I think we all know the answer to the question.

Magazine PSA..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

...kinda like cookies...I want to be sure to have enough for everyone who comes to the party...spare mag on me at all times...most times, my cutoffs have two more in a pack in the back pocket, and my wallet in case I have to run out quickly to a neighbor's...
    ...this video might wake up those who are asleep, unarmed, underarmed

...might even help 'em realize how stupid our gooberment's "solution" is...

VIP Member
    I can easily and comfortably keep two spare mags on my person all the time, so I do. The lowest capacity gun I carry is a 9+1 1006 S&W.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Limiting magazine size to reduce crime is like mandating smaller gas tanks to limit driving.
    lionround, Snub44 and NONAME762 like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have always tried to be realistic in my approach to everything important enough to do. And I have always felt like a revolver was plenty adequate for the vast majority of things you will likely encounter.

Here's the "but"; when we are talking about the " castle", I believe to error on the side of extreme overkill is a good idea for many reasons.
    The home, being ones solitude and place of refuge, being breached in a home invasion is serious business.
    People DO NOT, break down your front door to borrow a cup of sugar.

Of course the video was a production, and had some technical errors noticed by the gun savvy, but it did make a damn good point.
    And one of those was if you are a marginal shot ( gotta be honest here), then you really need more ammo.
    If you are shooting a marginal caliber, you need more ammo for sure.

But even with a major caliber gun, having more ammo on tap, or ready to load is a very good idea, because these pieces of crap run in groups.
    And, having the woman armed helps even the odds.
    OD*, Mjr_Fail, Mike1956 and 2 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    NUTTIN CHEESY about it IMO. Eric Holder's vids are CHEESY AND LAME. The GG should have had extra mag in back pocket. 5th shot to 1st BG should have been head shot. First shot to BG2 should have been head shot. Glass in a front door is stupid as all get out.
    lionround and Snub44 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links