Bianchi Cup : spec is there!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Bianchi Cup : spec is there!!!!!! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My nephew spec, (he is a member here) is competing in the Bianchi Cup this year! I will post some of his exploits and posts ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Bianchi Cup : spec is there!!!!!!

VIP Member

Bianchi Cup : spec is there!!!!!!

My nephew spec, (he is a member here) is competing in the Bianchi Cup this year!

I will post some of his exploits and posts while there for any who may wish to follow along in his travels and trials.

Here is his first email ( he is not posting on FB as he doesn't want people to figure out that they are not home)

Hello all. As myself and the family are out of the house I will not be posting anything online Facebook or Instagram because it is public and I do not want people knowing we are gone out of the house. So I ask that you refrain from posting anything pictures or messages of anything i send you via email, on any social media websites. Feel free to show family that might be hovering waiting for my email updates, I know they will be chomping at the bit. Thanks.

Now to the good stuff, arrived at the airport little after 7:00. Checked in, yes with not one but two handguns... No the TSA did not tackle me to the ground or sick the German Shepard unit on me... It was easy breezy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight took off a little before 8:30 got in at 8:54. Reminder I'm now an hour behind Detroit time so it didn't take 24mins we were airborne for just about 1 hour 20mins ... Yes super quick. Thank you SouthWest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did I do besides chomp gum and listen to my ears pop? Well of course read the greatest magazine in the world. The American Rifleman.

Now I sit on a 2.5hour bus ride from the airport to the middle of no where just like Jason Aldean sings in "Fly Over States" defiantly nothing but flat farms and the country side. Which is more then fine with me.

Already made a new friend that is also on the bus ride with me. Evan, noticed my Safariland hat which all us sponsored shooters got in our gear kits.

Well I'll try and send at least one email per day with some pictures so stay tuned and stay safe.

Yours in Liberty,
    ~Joe
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Here are yesterdays e mail from my nephew and todays, (may 21 & 22)

May 21st.

As the title states this is my shooter's ID for the rest of the week. Here is a little preview. Notice the number tag is printed on the jersey... Only we (sponsorees) have the privilege of this. Everyone else will be safety pining their tags to the jerseys and most like getting stabbed in the back with the safety pins... Advantage us!

Represent Michigan ...

And yes that is Larry Potterfields signature.. Aka CEO of Midway USA who is sponsoring us!

Ps... My parents hotel is better then mine.... Full kitchen, three flat screen tv's, to separate bedrooms... Maybe I can get them to switch... Haha. My lobby has a cool water fall though.

Now get a towel because every shooter may drool at the 1000 rounds of premium hollow point ammunition. Black Hills ammo.

Also had to make a stop at Dick's Sporting Goods for some new shoes.

Now my turn to drool...

And yes I got to hold the Bianchi Cup!

Practice session Tuesday at 8:30... Stay tuned, stay safe.

Yours in Liberty,
    ~Joe

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    AND HERE IS TODAYS, May 22nd

Well today was long and eventful...

First shot was at the Barricade stage. This is my RSO (Range Safety Officer), she is setting up my targets.

At some point I had to hop on a golf cart to make it over to "the Mover". Google Bianchi cup mover... Yeah it is not easy. Here are my four targets.

10 yards

15yards

20yards

25yards

These two guys are great one is sponsored by Smith and Wesson his name is Trevor Baucom a wounded warrior who is very determined. The other is my mentor for the week. George Mowbray, world class shooter, who has won many prestigious firearm awards including placing in the Bianchi Cup.

Marshall, Byran, & I after all our practice stages.

12 of the 14 "Golden Shooters" and Mr. Larry Potterfield him self. Mr. Potterfield is the CEO of MidwayUSA, an outdoor and shooting sports store. He is the one writing the checks for all of us to be here. It was an honor and a privilege to shake his hand.

Mr. Potterfield: "hello I'm Larry Potterfield, nice to meet you."
    Me: "hello sir nice to meet you, I'm Joe. Thank you for making my dream come true."
    Mr. Potterfield: "You are welcome Joe."

As if this exchange wasn't a big enough honor... It gets better....

I'll give everyone three guesses as to why us four competitors got to take this picture with Larry Potterfield. It has everything to do with outdoor and shooting activities. EAGLE SCOUTS! As we were taking this picture Mr. Potterfield said, "once an eagle always an eagle."

Tomorrow will be the Barricade and practical event.

Stay Safe, wish me luck on the range.

Yours in Liberty,
    ~Joe

P.S. everyone,
    spec is taking pictures along the way, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get them from the e mail to here (DC)

If anyone is interested, I will email you his emails with the pics in them. PM me.

Administrator
    Wish him "Good Shooting!" for me.

Shameless Plug For Larry Potterfield:

Larry Potterfield seems like such a genuinely nice & friendly guy (down to Earth and not full of himself at all) & he is also quite a talented gunsmith.
    Folks can watch some of his gunsmithing Vids on YouTube.
    He sponsors and supports quite generously AKA the man "gives back" to the firearm and shooting community.
    A very good reason to shop at MIDWAY USA.
    Support the businesses that give back and support us!
    http://www.midwayusa.com/
    oneshot and gasmitty like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Here a short note from my nephew in Missouri.
    We are very proud of him, and it sounds as though he is in seventh heaven!
    Kid is a natural when it comes to shooting and such.
    My dads older brother Ray, who is still alive @ 85 yrs. old, was the same way.
    Could just about shoulder the shotgun or rifle and pull the trigger and whatever was in the sights, iron or scoped was going down.

Well woke up ate breakfast, and took a stop at MidwayUSA to see the company who is paying for me to be here.

They don't have a typical store front, but you can order online in the visitor area and have the it shipped anywhere in the world... Or you could just wait 30mins and they will bring your item out directly to you.

The heart of the operation.

Then it was straight off to the practice range.... Had to get ready for the mover.

Here are the highlights.

Getting honed in on that X-ring and also meeting a pro shooter for team Taurus who is awesome! Jessie Duff!

Now to the real deal. Riding up the hill in a golf cart with one of my team mates Kaila Mason!

Oh and my custom ear plugs that match my neon green/yellow front sight!

Shot well. Then back to the practice range with some of the team. Oh and Pro shooter Rob Leathem.

Here is what is up for tomorrow.

Knockin over some metal! Hopefully a lot! Stay safe.

Yours in Liberty,
    ~Joe

Again, sorry the pictures won't load from my email to DC(here).
    If you would like some of the emails with the pics, PM me and I will send them to you.

Links