Gun Enthusiast or Defensive firearms owner.

This is a discussion on Gun Enthusiast or Defensive firearms owner. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yea I know another video. This one deals with something close to my heart. Thats training. Some of you out there may not like Rob, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By OD*
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Gun Enthusiast or Defensive firearms owner.

Yea I know another video. This one deals with something close to my heart. Thats training. Some of you out there may not like Rob, and some do. I understand that. I am looking into his instructor development so that I can become a better instructor. I am a little short on the means to do so. However Like Rob mentions in this video I am both an enthusiast and Defensive firearms owner. How bout You. Have you taken the necessary steps to know how to use your guns in a defensive manner????

OD* likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

OD*
    Both.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

AOK
    I'm not really a gun enthusiast at all IMHO. I'm enthused about running and fight with my gun to the best of my abilities so I'm very much into the defensive firearm owner side.

My schedule for work doesn't work out where I can travel around to nationwide schools but I've trained and continue to train at a variety of schools within the state of Michigan. May I ask where you teach?

I know Patriot Defensive Firearm is hosting Pincus in July. Are you attending his three day class?

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Kind of self serving isn't it? His statement "You can't say you primarily own guns for self protection unless you have taken one of my courses or one like it!" My ancestors have been defending themselves with a gun since before this country was a country! I really dought any of them took any of his courses. DR

The audio is too bad to get through the vid, I gave up 30 seconds in. But I'd say I'm both, a gun "nut" and a defensive firearms owner.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    I'm not really a gun enthusiast at all IMHO. I'm enthused about running and fight with my gun to the best of my abilities so I'm very much into the defensive firearm owner side.

My schedule for work doesn't work out where I can travel around to nationwide schools but I've trained and continue to train at a variety of schools within the state of Michigan. May I ask where you teach?

I know Patriot Defensive Firearm is hosting Pincus in July. Are you attending his three day class?
    I instruct in Lansing for the time being. I think its good that you have stayed in the state for your training. There is nothing wrong with that. I would love to get to Patriot defense to take Robs class, but at the moment I do not have the money....
    AOK likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    The audio is too bad to get through the vid, I gave up 30 seconds in. But I'd say I'm both, a gun "nut" and a defensive firearms owner.
    The audio is only bad through the intro, then it goes to a studio recorded portion. Took me a second attempt to find that out.

I think there's some validity to what he says. I agree that people have proven they can defend themselves with a firearm with little-to-no formal training. However, a single good class probably increases their proficiency tremendously. Like anything there are diminishing returns. You get a lot of benefit for the first one or two, then the benefit begins to taper off.

Links