REVIEW: Partner Tactics Training Course at TDI Ohio>>>>>>

This is a discussion on REVIEW: Partner Tactics Training Course at TDI Ohio>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took this class about three weeks ago and finally finished up my review. Here's a link: Review of Partner Tactics Training Course at Tactical ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rolex_John

Thread: REVIEW: Partner Tactics Training Course at TDI Ohio>>>>>>

I took this class about three weeks ago and finally finished up my review. Here's a link:

Review of Partner Tactics Training Course at Tactical Defense Institute | ThruMyLens

Enjoy, and do let me know your thoughts!

-John

VIP Member
    Nice review. I have attended several of the classes you mentioned, and will be going back next month for IV and V. I have never been disappointed by the training there. Sore and tired, but never disappointed.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

AOK
    Great review! I've heard so many great things about TDI. I've been wanting to get down there for sometime now.

Just out of curiosity, I notice after a threat is down you guys would stay in the fatal funnel for what seemed like a good five seconds or so rather than finish slicing the pie and get in and dominate the room. Is it just the gopro (and/or my computer) or do they want you to take that much time before getting out of the fatal funnel and through the threshold of the door?

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Great review! I've heard so many great things about TDI. I've been wanting to get down there for sometime now.

Just out of curiosity, I notice after a threat is down you guys would stay in the fatal funnel for what seemed like a good five seconds or so rather than finish slicing the pie and get in and dominate the room. Is it just the gopro (and/or my computer) or do they want you to take that much time before getting out of the fatal funnel and through the threshold of the door?
    A couple of the instructors did tell us to get through the threshold after the drop out....some didn't mention it. One of my pet peeves with instruction of any kind is that it varies wildly between instructors...even at TDI. When he saw the video, Bowie chided me for counting..."that could get you killed." I had at least three different instructors do how clearing exercises and not one mentioned it at the time. Though I sort of assumed that when LEOs work with a partner they make better use of non-verbal signals. Since we're still just learning to communicate, and there was an instructor behind us, and students observing behind him, I was more vocal that I would have been in an actual scenario.
    AOK likes this.

Links