How to Make Your Own Shooting Drills

This is a discussion on How to Make Your Own Shooting Drills within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like this. You could also incorporate symbols, colors, or numbers to have a buddy call out on what to shoot. A Drill for Quality ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue Thunder
  • 2 Post By Blue Thunder

Thread: How to Make Your Own Shooting Drills

I like this. You could also incorporate symbols, colors, or numbers to have a buddy call out on what to shoot.

A Drill for Quality Range Time | Home Gun Training

A couple of things to add. Get a shot timer to use to time the draw and first shot. Have your partner load your mags and have him load dummy rounds at various places in the mags. This way you get some stress on time and malfunction clearing.
    BobbyLee likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    A couple of things to add. Get a shot timer to use to time the draw and first shot. Have your partner load your mags and have him load dummy rounds at various places in the mags. This way you get some stress on time and malfunction clearing.
    I like that.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Yes, putting shots on the timer totally changes your training session. First, I warm up with controlled target practice to review the fundamentals; breathing, sight picture, trigger. Then I do slow draw and trigger press. Next, some untimed drills both dry fire and live fire, and finally I wrap up with timed drills.

One last thing is I do not warm up. I start my drills cold. If I CCW and have an encounter, it will be Cold. As I warm up, I get way better. My measured level of performance is "Doing it Cold".
    nicholasv00 and BobbyLee like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Links