Training Alabama

Training Alabama

This is a discussion on Training Alabama within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, Just wanted to see if anyone had or knew of anywhere in Alabama hopefully around montgomery where there is any concealed carry training ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crump84

Thread: Training Alabama

Question Training Alabama

Hey folks, Just wanted to see if anyone had or knew of anywhere in Alabama hopefully around montgomery where there is any concealed carry training or tactical training. I've been checking around online and either im just not looking in the right place or there just isn't much available around here I sure would appreciate some input. Thanks much, Jim

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    check with gun ranges/gun clubs/gun stores.etc.....welcome

Check with Warrior Talk dot Com and see what is available. They have classes up near Chattanooga and some down in Florida and lower Alabama. Cruel Hand Luke is the screen name for Randy Harris who is a Tier 1 Instructor for Suarez International. I have trained with them 5 times and their classes are First Rate. They are Saturday/Sunday and you will shoot 500+ rounds of ammo along with up to 12 others in the class. Good luck with what you find.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Alabama training

Check out Shootrite.org, good training and a great instructor in Tiger...John

Tiger at Shootrite.org comes with Clint Smith's reccomendation. That's the best reccomendation there is. Suarez classes are also outstanding and provide state-of-the art training.

I don't have experience with either one of these but I know the Montgomery County Sheriffs Department offers courses (tho it seems to be more firearm safety and familiarization) and check out Defensive Options Group, Montgomery, Alabama 36117. I heard about them through a few members of the Central Alabama Gun Club. Like I said, I don't have experience with either one but it might be something you missed. Also the new indoor shooting range on Carmichael Road will supposedly offer courses (assuming it ever opens)
    pgrass101 likes this.

Thanks, I'll check into these suggestions

Here are three that I'm aware of:

Way of the Gun, supposed to open July 1, other than their website and a thread on Arfcom, I don't know anything else about them, YMMV: Way of the Gun They are located east of Talledaga near Eastaboga.

Cameron Bucy's Self Defense Solutions in north Alabama: Security Companies in Huntsville AL Alabama: Security Defense Solutions LLC I don't know Cameron, but I'm good friends (hog hunting partner) with a friend of his. When my daughter graduates from Roll Tide, I'll sign her up for one of his self-defense shooting classes.

Madison's Last Resort Guns is opening their indoor range in the next couple of months and they sponsor training: Home | Last Resort Guns It appears they are concentrating their on-line presence to bookface, so you'll probably have to go there to find out about their training.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Check with Warrior Talk dot Com and see what is available. They have classes up near Chattanooga and some down in Florida and lower Alabama. Cruel Hand Luke is the screen name for Randy Harris who is a Tier 1 Instructor for Suarez International. I have trained with them 5 times and their classes are First Rate. They are Saturday/Sunday and you will shoot 500+ rounds of ammo along with up to 12 others in the class. Good luck with what you find.
    Thanks Bluethunder....

JamesBryan87, Here is a listing of classes I have up on the SI schedule for this year.

Suarez International USA, Inc. - Search

Everything listed as "Chattanooga" is actually on a range in Ider Alabama about 40 minutes from Chattanooga. Let me know if I can help you out.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Thanks for the info Cruel Hand Luke, you'll be hearing from me real soon. And thanks again to everyone who responded I really appreciate the input. Crump84, I feel your pain. I've been waiting for the shooting range off of carmichael to open since I heard that they were coming.

Senior Moderator
    Doug at Defense Options is a good I've trained with them
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbryan87 View Post
    Thanks for the info Cruel Hand Luke, you'll be hearing from me real soon. And thanks again to everyone who responded I really appreciate the input. Crump84, I feel your pain. I've been waiting for the shooting range off of carmichael to open since I heard that they were coming.
    Looking forward to it.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Sponsored Links