CQC Training..

This is a discussion on CQC Training.. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been interested into looking into CQC training & the various aspects around it. For example being used is a SD situation when you're ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: CQC Training..

Question CQC Training..

So I've been interested into looking into CQC training & the various aspects around it. For example being used is a SD situation when you're life is on the line & you're opponent is more skilled than you in the art of combat, at that point you would be at a major disadvantage. So I'm curious to know what you think about it & if you have any particular training at all? Personally I would like to find a organization that is located in my area & hopefully be able to train with them. I'm still looking around though hopefully I'll find something.

2. Remove Ads

I took a course in Virginia two months ago (link below) for the exact same reasons that you mention. My goal is to be much more proficient and capable in a home invasion type scenario. I tried the CCJA guys based on price and some positive reviews that I found. What I quickly learned is that their value far exceeds the cost of the course. Every instructor had real combat experience where they did these things for real, and on a regular basis.

The training was very realistic and intense, and it really changed both my perspective on what works and techniques that work. It was time and money very well spent, and from PA is probably about a half-day drive. I definitely will be going back again soon.

http://www.commonwealthcriminaljusti...m-clearing.pdf

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Kyle Defoor: Training Balance and How Good is Good Enough? (Part 1)

^ From Kyle Defoor.

Prioritize based on *your* reality.

Ive done both MCMAPS and Krav Maga. Both are awesome and I feel are necessary. Especially in a home where you will probably be more confined as opposed to a parking lot.

If you're looking for more hand-to-hand skills you might want to look at Target Focus Training (Self Defense Training | Tim Larkin | Martial Arts Training - Target Focus Training) They have videos you can begin your training with (it's very straight forward - my wife and kids practice this with me and have become pretty effective), and then classes every month or two (usually Las Vegas). I've taken other martial arts over the years and this is by far the quickest way that I've found to learn effective techniques.

VIP Member
    I took this one:
    Close Quarters Personal Control ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun
    Very worthwhile and helpful for putting some cushion between an initial confrontation and going to guns.
    JD likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I took this one:
    Close Quarters Personal Control ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun
    Very worthwhile and helpful for putting some cushion between an initial confrontation and going to guns.
    You still going to ECQ this fall? Our martial arts instructor also signed up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You still going to ECQ this fall? Our martial arts instructor also signed up.
    Absolutely. I'm looking forward to meeting you there.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Links