Loving my Laserlyte Target Trainer

This is a discussion on Loving my Laserlyte Target Trainer within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got to say, I'm really happy with the Laserlyte target trainer system with the 9mm laser cartridge. Within a very short time of using ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bob2.0
  • 1 Post By ExaltedOne

Thread: Loving my Laserlyte Target Trainer

Loving my Laserlyte Target Trainer

I've got to say, I'm really happy with the Laserlyte target trainer system with the 9mm laser cartridge. Within a very short time of using it at 15 yards out, my groupings are getting tighter and tighter. While recoil and recoil anticipation is still a factor that this can't help with, my target acquisition and trigger control has improved so much that I'm seeing results on the range as well. I dig training with my own guns too. With full size Beretta Storm and the long pull LC9 I have, I'm really getting to know these guns and it shows. My boys and I had a contest last night with 5 rounds of 5 shots each, so it was a lot of fun too. I do a lot of work from home, so in between emails and projects I'll squeeze off a few rounds.

Do any of you use this system? How do you like it? Have you run into any problems with it over time?
    WhiskeyTangoFox likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Been thinking about buying one.

Most likely will now.
    WhiskeyTangoFox likes this.

I have the system along with 9m/m,.40S&W and .45 ACP Inserts. Mostly use the 9m/m and after awhile mostly don't use the target.
    I like to walk around and pointshoot things in the house and shop.
    Grandkids like to use the Target though so they can better tell where they are hitting.

As I said, I mostly use the 9m/m insert and have had no problems at all with anything.

I have one. I use it with an "in the barrel" insert for my 1911, and with a "glock-ish" blue gun that LaserLyte sells. I also use the chamber insert in my P30.

Even without applying any real discipline or methodology in my use of it, I've seen better trigger control develop when I'm on the range, and my IDPA scores have improved. I've found that the difference has been the largest on shots that are over 10 yards.

I have and use the sure strike laser training aid, love the thing. The results does improve shooting.
    And not one round wasted, or strays.

I highly recommend it. We have it up and are shooting at it all day long. Every time my kids walk by my desk, they pick up my gun and put 5 rounds in the center of it. We set it up down the hallway when we're watching TV and pass the gun around to take turns at the target. It adds a lot to the enjoyment of having guns when you can actually have some fun shooting with them any time you want. Worth every penny I spent.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    I've got one with the 9mm insert currently. It has been a big help when unable to get to the range. Planning on getting a .40 insert shortly.

Well worth the investment.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The next step would be move to an OCAT System. More information, tracking performance over time, built in shot timer. Yes it is about twice as expensive, but it does a lot more than twice as much. I use it 3-4 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The next step would be move to an OCAT System. More information, tracking performance over time, built in shot timer. Yes it is about twice as expensive, but it does a lot more than twice as much. I use it 3-4 times a week.
    I looked around for video on this system and didn't see anything. Did I not look hard enough? For convenience, cost and fun factor, the LL system seems like it would be hard to beat but I'm open for anything.

Highly suggest you spend some time and watch the Laser strike on what ever you are shooting at (target, pictures ,doorknobs). Try to get a round dot with no trace tail. It can be done with correct trigger press and follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2.0 View Post
    I looked around for video on this system and didn't see anything. Did I not look hard enough? For convenience, cost and fun factor, the LL system seems like it would be hard to beat but I'm open for anything.
    You can go to the site for videos. OCAT System.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Grant View Post
    Highly suggest you spend some time and watch the Laser strike on what ever you are shooting at (target, pictures ,doorknobs). Try to get a round dot with no trace tail. It can be done with correct trigger press and follow through.
    And that is one of the nicest things about the OCAT System, when using the laser system, the size of the circle displayed is the amount of movement and it show a line that shows the trace of the laser. So you can tell exactly how you are moving the muzzle when you are firing.

Looks like a fun trainer.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

That is really cool how it can be used in so many different ways to deliver so much data. Awesome trainer. Wow.

Links