Defensive Carry banner

Shot timer, M&P pistols and a fun afternoon

851 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Harryball 
#1 ·
Got out today on the range and practiced drawing against the timer using my M&P .22 and m&P .40 full size. Fired the .22 first to get the feel of draw and firing as it had been a while. My best time was 1.74 , and typical .1.81 to 1.94 for a decent draw using a Serpa holster and drawing from concealment under a t shirt. Distance was 7 yards.
This makes me realize how much more I need to practice to be effective. Granted the targets were reduced , so I had to acquire a sight picture to hit but I feel I. Can improve quite a bit. A few fumbled draws hit 2.28 range which could well happen in a panic /stressful situation.
Ignore the small group above the target , I was attempting to sight in magpul pts sights on my M&P 15-22 .

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, great idea Rocky!

Will look into that for our use on our range.

#7 ·
That is a great idea.The first gun,i ever had my Dad gave me.The first gun,i ever bought,,which was a few yrs back,was a used M&P40,full size.I love it,and can shoot it better than my GL23.but,the M&P,is just to big to conceal.It's concealed near me in my house.I've had it,about 7 yrs.,and,it jammed 2 times.New mag,stopped that.

#10 ·
Yep it will humble you quickly using a shot timer. Main thing is though if you mess up the draw, grip, not having a round chambered and so on do not stop and start over continue on and you will actually see how much time it takes to make the shot.

I put it on an IPad and then plug in a Jawbone speaker so it can be heard even with the best in hearing protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.